Chapter 43

"You're... going away?" Athanasia stared at him with widened eyes. She pushed her dishevelled blonde hair back. "Why?" she asked. "Where?"

  Lucas stared down at her from where he sat. Then, he smiled.

  With a softened gaze, he opened his mouth

  "To find the Sacred World Tree."

  "Ugh, I hate that tree," Lucas said before letting out an exasperated sigh. "It gave me a hard time trying to get its fruits." He ended up having to break off one of its branches because of it.

  "The Sacred... World Tree?" Jennette repeated, having no idea about it whatsoever.

  Lucas thought it'd be good to give her a simple explanation. "It's basically a magical tree that bears fruits every five hundred years that can help in replenishing my mana. And that same tree hates me. A lot."

  "... How can a tree hate a person?" Ijekiel asked. 'But then again, since it's Lucas who the tree hates...'

  "Because it's the Sacred World Tree," Lucas answered as if it was the most obvious question.

  Claude groaned and rubbed his eyes with his fingers. "God, can't you people be silent every once in a while? If you keep asking about random stuff in the middle of a chapter we're going to miss out on anything important -"

  Crash!

  Everyone in the room except for Myra jumped when they heard the loud sound of an object being crashed.

  "... What the heck was that?" Anastacius asked out loud when everyone remained in stunned silence.

  "Ugh..."

  One lone figure staggered down one of the palace's dark hallways at night. His entire body was aching all over and his vision was getting blurrier with each passing second. As he breathed in and out heavily, sweat dripped down his body.

  Everyone had no idea of how they should react when they saw the awful state Claude was in

  "C-Claude...," Diana muttered before she hugged Claude's arm. "W-What's happening to you?"