Chapter 49

"Hearing all this tedious chatter is exhausting," Claude stated as he opened the door to his personal chambers. Following behind him was Felix who was still adamant in telling him that he was suffering from memory loss.

  "Shouldn't I be by your side, sire?" Felix asked as he walked into the emperor's bedroom. "You've lost your memory, after all. That way I could be of assistance when you have things you can't remember or want to know..."

  Claude groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose. How stubborn... "Get out," he ordered. "At once."

  "... Yeah, that won't happen any time soon, seeing that Sir Felix is just doing his job which is to babysit you and prevent you from doing anything irrational," Diana said out loud. "Is this what you usually have to go through even when he's not suffering from amnesia, Sir Felix?"

  Claude was about to say something but Felix beat him to it.

  Felix laughed. "Well, kinda..."

  "Kinda?" Claude repeated, narrowing his gaze at the knight who was unfazed by it.

  As Felix closed the door behind him, Claude was already walking to his bed, hoping the man behind him would stop bothering him if he took a short nap.

  Before he could sit on his bed, he noticed something above the headrest. Plastered to the wall...

 Plastered to the wall

  ... Were several drawings drawn with crayons? It looked like a child drew all these.

  Felix and Lily widened their eyes when they were able to recognise some of those pictures.

  Anastacius squinted his eyes at those poorly drawn pictures. "... Let me guess. They're all Claude's daughter's drawings."

  "Yep. Those drawings were definitely drawn by the princess," Lily muttered. There was a weak smile on her face. 'I didn't expect His Majesty would actually keep her drawings close to him for all those years.'

  There was a teasing smile on Felix's face. "Your Majesty, don't tell me you've been keeping all those drawings in secret since the princess was five years old? That's so cute if that were the case."

  Claude just groaned and hid his face with his hand. His ears were a faint shade of red from embarrassment. Of course, the man would never admit that he was embarrassed.

  "Aww, that is really cute of you to keep all of our daughter's drawings," Diana cooed before pinching Claude's cheek.

  "Athy's pretty talented to draw all those at a young age," Jennette said while smiling.

  Lucas could only chuckle. "Too bad her artistic skills remain the same to this very day," he said.

  Confusion was etched on Claude's face when he saw the drawings. Even Felix was slightly surprised by them.

  "What are these weird drawings?" Claude asked. "Some kind of voodoo talisman? This must be proof of that brat playing tricks..."

  Everyone in the room couldn't help but groan at Claude's stupidity. He still believed that Athanasia was some kind of sorceress who played nasty tricks to mess with his mind...

  He only had amnesia. There was no way that losing his memories made him even stupider.

  "... How the hell am I so stupid to think that Athanasia's drawings are talismans?" Claude asked out loud, officially annoyed with his future self. '... I do recognise some of those pictures... She was really cute when she showed me them proudly even though I had no idea what most of those drawings were about.'