Chapter 57

'Jennette has lived trapped in Duke Alpehus' manor, not getting to go out freely as she wishes.'

  Athanasia looked at the dolls and stuffed animals on the shelves in Jennette's bedroom with slight interest. They were all neatly placed together on the shelves and it was obvious that their owner loved each and every one of them as well as taking good care of them.

  "... Is my doll collection really that creepy to you all?" Jennette couldn't help but ask with uncertainty. From her point of view, the dolls and stuffed animals she had gotten as gifts were the closest things as friends for her before Athanasia came into the picture. Each and every one of those dolls had a lot of sentimental value to her.

  "... I kind of expected a lot more?" Lucas was the first one to answer. When Athanasia told him about how big Jennette's collection of dolls was, he imagined her entire room being filled with creepy porcelain dolls that might move in the dark of night. But this was actually pretty tame. Perhaps the princess was just overexaggerating.

  "Oh, I do have more dolls. That's just a small portion of my whole collection."

  "I'm sorry, what?"

  Jennette never really specified just how many dolls she had. She just whistled to herself before paying attention back to the screen.

  'Just like how I lived like a delicate flower, with enemies around me.'

  Lucas snorted. "A delicate flower?"

  "Just leave her be, Lucas," Ijekiel said after sighing at the magician. "Let the princess believe she's a delicate flower."

  'These dolls seem to show how lonely Jennette felt.'

  "I'm not that lonely...," Jennette mumbled even though she knew that was the furthest thing from the truth.

  Athanasia was seen wearing a traditional dress that was usually worn by commoner girls her age during festivals. A white headscarf with a simple design of yellow flowers and small orange berries was wrapped around her head, covering most of her long blonde hair.

 A white headscarf with a simple design of yellow flowers and small orange berries was wrapped around her head, covering most of her long blonde hair

  Diana's eyes sparkled with awe. "Oh my goodness, she's adorable in that outfit," she said affectionately. She grabbed Claude's shoulder and shook him a bit. "Claude, look at her! You have to agree that she's beautiful in that dress!"

  Claude looked at Diana weirdly before glancing over at Felix and Lily, wondering if they could help get him out of this situation. Too bad that both of them were too focused on his daughter who, he ultimately agreed with his lover, looked really cute in Obelia's traditional clothing. "... She does look nice in that dress. Now can you please stop shaking me around, Diana?"

  "The princess is so cute," Felix complimented with a warm smile. "It would be really nice if you and the princess wear matching outfits, Your Majesty. I think you'd both look amazing."