Chapter 41

"I was wondering, have we met before?"

  Athanasia physically froze upon hearing the familiar voice. Standing behind her, Ijekiel was waiting for the girl to answer his question.

  "No, you have not, in fact, met her before," Lucas said out loud, shuffling the Uno cards in his hands like a professional card dealer. Despite being great at shuffling cards, he was horrible when it came to playing. After his massive losses in the card game by the other participants, Ijekiel, Jennette and Anastacius, he simply gave up on looking cool while playing the game.

  Actually, when Myra returned, he challenged her to a couple of rounds of Uno.

  Unsurprisingly, Myra won all rounds, worsening Lucas' mood even further.

  To say that the other occupants of the room were entertained by the magician's weakness in the card game would be an understatement. Especially Ijekiel who had won in almost every round.

  Ijekiel waited for a response from the girl who looked similar to the princess from behind. He barely took note of how she slowly grabbed the birdcage in front of her. He opened his mouth. "Excuse-"

  Imagine just how surprised he was when Athanasia suddenly shoved the birdcage towards him, causing him to almost stumble backwards

  Imagine just how surprised he was when Athanasia suddenly shoved the birdcage towards him, causing him to almost stumble backwards. His eyes widened as he made direct eye contact with the bluebird that was just as shocked. The small bird chirped loudly at the young lord, flapping inside its cage.

  'Now!'

  It gave Athanasia enough time to run past Ijekiel who was obviously distracted.

  "W-Wait!" Ijekiel cried out but she ignored him completely.

  'As if I'd wait!'

  Lucas smiled smugly at Ijekiel who was clearly saddened by the fact that the princess did not even want to be in the same area as him. Before he could tease him about it, the silver-haired boy glanced at him coldly.

  "Do not, Lucas."

  That statement made Lucas realise that it would start to become harder to clown the boy. 'Hmm, how disappointing,' he thought. '... But that means I'll get an even bigger reaction out of him if I tease him more.'

  Roger looked at Ijekiel and Lucas with slight concern. Since he only came into this room not too long ago, he had no idea about his son's... 'friendly bond' with the royal magician. Could he even consider it like that?

  Once Athanasia finally left the bird store, the man who worked there finally turned around. "Hm?" he was confused as to why instead of the girl, it was Ijekiel who was holding onto the birdcage.