Chapter 25

"Practice dancing with me!" Athanasia ordered the young magician who was sitting on the floor, munching on an apple he'd stolen from the palace's kitchen. She was crouching down in front of him. Fortunately, there was no one else in the room other than them so she could freely be herself.

  "What a straightforward way of asking someone to dance," Lucas said while munching on an apple that he got from somewhere.

  "Where did he even get that from?" Ijekiel asked in a whisper to Jennette.

  Jennette shook her head. "I have no clue as well. I guess... magic?"

  "No," Lucas replied, not feeling guilty one bit.

  "I think I might end up dancing with my dad at my debutante," Athanasia told him. 'I'm pretending like that won't happen, though.' She didn't want to get disappointed if that plan fell through.

  Felix let out a relieved sigh. 'Thank goodness. I don't think I'll even survive one minute if I did the first dance with her highness.'

  "But we have a big height difference, see?" Athanasia said. She compared her height to her father's who was significantly taller than her. "I'll be wearing shoes with pointy heels, so what if I step on him?"

  Ijekiel remembered the number of times she had stepped on his and His Majesty's feet and almost chuckled. 

  "So you're asking me to turn into a grown-up just so I can practice with you?" Lucas asked.

  Athanasia nodded her head. "Weren't you around the same height as my dad back then? Even if not, you can just make yourself around that height, right?"

  "She's calling me short, isn't she?" Lucas frowned.

  Lucas furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. "Why would I..."

  "Dear Lucas, most powerful being in the whole world and prettiest boy-warlock in all realms," Athanasia addressed formally before tilting her head cutely. She looked at him with her big jewel blue eyes and smiled brightly at him.

  "Won't you please? Hmm?"

  "She's so cute," Diana said while smiling peacefully. Lily and Jennette had to agree with the dancer.

  Claude felt his eyes twitching when he witnessed his own daughter acting all cute in front of that magician. 'Is what I'm experiencing right now called ' fatherly instincts'?'

  Lucas just stared at her, as if what she was saying was ridiculous. He snapped his fingers and a giant sheet of paper that was shaped into a second-dimensional person appeared in front of the princess.

  "What on Earth is that thing?" Anastacius asked.

  "What do you think it is? It's her dance partner, of course," Lucas answered.

  'You could at least add a face of His Majesty to make the... dance partner more realistic?' Felix thought.

  Athanasia screamed and took a few steps behind, freaking out when the thing approached her. "What is this thing?!" She curled her fists tightly and stomped her feet in frustration. "You're just lying around all the time anyway! What could you possibly be doing?!"

  "I'm busy breathing every day," he answered bluntly.

  "That... that is not a fairly reasonable answer," Ijekiel said weakly.

  Lucas rolled his eyes in response. "And nobody cares about your opinion."

  Athanasia held the... paper person's hands while looking at it warily. "Can't you at least give it a face?"