Chapter 37

"Princess, it's dangerous to walk that fast. Please go a bit more slowly..."

  Athanasia giggled before turning her head around to look at Felix who was walking behind her. In her arms were Lapliea flowers she had picked out by herself earlier. "But the Knight of Crimson Blood will arrive in shining armour to save me before I fall, won't he?"

  That caused the aforementioned Knight of Crimson Blood to blush.

  "Won't you? My Knight of Crimson Blood?" Oh, how fun it was to tease Felix like this. Athanasia just laughed at him who hung his head in shame.

  Felix covered his blushing face. "Princess, why must you tease me in this way?" That title given to him was something he wished to keep a secret from her because he knew for a fact that she would make fun of him like this.

  "Oh, Sir Felix. You never really have a chance to catch a break," Lily said while smiling nonchalantly, making her look insincere when she said that.

  "You have no idea how honoured I am to have the Knight of Crimson Blood as my personal guard," Athanasia continued to tease the man whose face was getting redder and redder.

  "Wow!" she cried out. "Flames of passion redder than blood! A fiery heart bursting from the harsh, jagged ice!"

  Claude actually chuckled at that. And that went noticed by the knight who was dying on the inside from embarrassment.

  "Your Majesty...," Felix whined.

  Diana couldn't help but chuckle at how the cute knight was reacting. "Dear Sir Felix. I want to feel so sorry for you yet at the same time I want to laugh at your humourous misfortunes."

  "From now on I will count on you and you alone, dear Knight of Crimson Blood!"

  "How cheesy of her to say those things to the knight," Lucas said. 'She should start saying that to me since I basically saved her from death's grip!'

  "... Sir Felix is melting like ice cream." Jennette looked at both Felixs on the screen and in the room. "Both of them are."

  "Sir Felix really does deserve a break," Ijekiel said to her, glancing behind to see Felix covering his face with his hands. He felt bad for the knight. "A long break, actually."

  "You're too cruel, princess," Felix mumbled, already far behind the princess. He resembled an ice cream who had been sitting out in the bright sunlight for too long in the background.

  Athanasia just laughed out loud. 'Aah, this is too much fun!'

  "She really does enjoy seeing you suffer from embarrassment, Felix." Anastacius' smirked, absolutely entertained by the scene.

  Felix sighed while scratching his head from embarrassment. "Aah, why must it always be me?" he asked no one in particular, leaving the question unanswered. Though, some of them were laughing at him.

  The scene changed from the palace garden to Claude's bedroom. The owner of the bedroom was seen sleeping on the sofa, as usual, looking like a pretty sleeping prince.

  "How are you always sleeping... And yet you look so fit?" Diana asked before placing her hand on Claude's abdomen area. She could feel his lean and well-built figure underneath the loose shirt he wore. "Just... How?"

  "Genetics," Claude answered without skipping a beat. He looked unbothered that his lover's hand was on him. Though, if you squinted hard enough at his face, you could see a very diluted and faint shade of red on his cheeks.