16.Autumn leaves and Feelings

Something shifted between Namjoon and Seokjin in past month.It was after the dagger incident and Jimin's case ,Namjoon was overly careful about what he says to the vampire.And not only that ,he also made sure he doesn't hurt the latter with his words ,actions whatsoever .

In simple terms ,Namjoon was guilty. And no amount of 'its okay's' from Seokjin helped him overcome that .

Be it when the Vampire was with him or when he wasn't, there was a constant nagging going on behind his mind about what Seokjin had once said.He clearly remembers the genuine gaze, the soft eyes ,the truth they held ,Seokjin wasn't lying.And he had no doubt about it anymore.

So whenever he will mention the dagger, Seokjin would always bolt or
change the topic and Namjoon could only stretch the topic to a certain limit.

He gave up.The dagger stayed with him ,hidden in the safest and most unusual place of his apartment. And the confusing part was Seokjin never once ask about its location.And for some reason it only made the silver head more cautious about the whole thing and he swore he will never let a single eye fell on that dagger.

The dagger that will kill Seokjin.No way was he going to let that happen.

There was also this wierd heat forming in his gut when the Vampire was around.And Namjoon wasn't a newbie to the feeling.He had his share of relationships and the puppy love phase in his early years of University.

Namjoon was sure what he was feeling and a sensible part of his brain was warning him of the upcoming danger.
He can't control his feelings anymore and maybe he don't want to.

So what if the other is immortal ? Who cares ? Let him live his role in the Vampire's life ,however small it will be.

Insignificant and forgettable in coming years of Seokjin's immortality.

Let the vampire walk in through the main door as if he owns the place ,Namjoon dont mind anymore.

And maybe it's time for his friend to finally meet the Vampire. He will surely not tell him his identity. No he don't want Hoseok to die young from a heart attack.Slow steps.But for that he has to make sure what the Vampire truly mean to him in first place.

Everything will fall in order after that.

Namjoon was busy slurping the spoonful of soggy cereal when Seokjin asks

"Lets go for a walk"

He looks up ,almost coughing when he notices the latter had his fangs out nibbling on the roasted meat.

"If you don't mind "
Seokjin asks quickly retracting the fangs .He assumed Namjoon was scared.

The latter was very much not.But it was rare for Namjoon to actually witness them.

Seokjin kept looking at him with wide eyes ,meat long settled back on the plate .When Namjoon didn't answer ,he sighs in understanding.

"Sure why not ? Any particular place in mind ? "
Namjoon blinks shoving another spoon as if he just didn't stirred the Vampire's heart with unfamiliar warmth.

Seokjin lits up nodding vigorously
"Many.But let's just stroll in the surrounding? I have to go back home tonight"

Oh.How did he forgot? Seokjin nowadays doesn't stay longer ,it started when Jimin went back to his apartment.

Namjoon was mildly disappointed but he had no say in it.Seokjin has a home.A family.He haven't met anyone but they all live together. And Vampire's would be more safe in their own coven than in cities,Namjoon's sensible part of brain supplies.