44.Crippling

"You are what ?"
Namjoon settles in the car ,putting on his seatbelt,already connecting the phone to Bluetooth.

Seokjin's escalated voice ripples on the line 'I said I am on shopping spree.You are coming home to an exquisite dinner made by none other than Kim Seokjin himself'

"And what's the occasion? Not that I complain"
A engine revives to life ,Namjoon's car wheels out of the parking lot and on to the asphalt road.

There was a pause on other side and Namjoon cursed.

'Is that a sound of car I heard? Are you driving ?'

Namjoon shuts his eyes .He wasn't when Seokjin called and he didn't let the latter know that he was about to enter the car either.Seokjin is an utter stick in a mud when it comes to driving while on a call.

'Namjoon?'
A stern voice was enough to bring him back and he bits his tongue before answering "I was going to tell you and drop the call I swear !"

No he wasn't.

'Then honey you told me now.Drop the call.I will be waiting home,see you love'

Before Namjoon could too say something cheezy and maybe apologize ,the line went dead.He had already taken the car to a side but he didn't had courage to tell Seokjin about it.

"I hope I don't get welcomed by a pissed off Vampire"
He steers back into the street ,cutting smoothly through the traffic.

Namjoon slows the car at a signal and hums to the radio .He was in a sour mood before but talking to Jin made it all better.The latter haven't strayed away for two months now and Namjoon to be honest was loving it.Sure Seokjin hopped between the coven and Seoul, but if Namjoon remembers he hadn't even needed to ask Seokjin about his whereabouts.He was always there when he needed him.

The light turned green and he raced off again ,tilting the rearview mirror to get a clear vision.

He drove few blocks ,the firm wasn't far from his home but he wasn't at firm today.He has went to Nowon-gu to meet one of his client so it would be a while before he reaches home.

The traffic was getting thinner as he covered more area until he found a Car too close to his.If he even slows down a little, there was a possibility of the car crashing into him.

"Jerks"
He mutters under his breath ,speeding away and changed the lane.

It only confused him more when the car did the same.

Okay .Now Namjoon wasn't new to this .Being a lawyer ,he had learnt there were countless times he was cornered like this.It wasn't a surprise to realize this was one of those.

"Not today "
He sighs, turning the car to the opposite direction. It was a long route but he had no choice.He really wasn't up to anyone spoiling his mood ,he had managed to keep delightful despite the frustrating honks of the car behind.

"Dont panic "
He consoles to himself but when his seatbelt cut through his chest as he was jerked ahead,he was definitely panicking now.

The car pushed him again making him nearly loose the control of it.
He was now away from the epicenter of city and into the less populated streets which was already a very bad idea.He saw the phone ,there were two options.One was to call the police and other was -

The car rammed into him again and Namjoon's phone slipped from his hands ,falling somewhere below the seat.He fight the wheel with one and managed to find the phone, hitting wrong contacts as he wasn't looking at the screen, but the road ahead.It was getting dark,there were no streetlights
here.