37.Portrait

"I don't remember saying this is our usual spot "
Seokjin lands on the roof with an unceremonious thud.

Yoongi was looking at a particular spot ,eyeing the movements of people.

"This village is going under development again"
He concludes when he saw few contractors taking measurements.

"I know.The Jang Builders have bought this land .There's also going to be a park right over there "
Ssokjin points to the tethered house in a farther perimeter.

"That's our house "
Yoongi mutters quietly.

"And there's going to be some extra facilities over here "
He points to the area around them ,patting the roof they were sitting on.

"Looks like you saw the whole blueprint"
Yoongi finally turns to look at Seokjin who shrugs in return.

"I did.I was there when there was an auction for this land.An exclusive mini city park .That's what the Jang's are aiming to do with this abandoned village"

"This abandoned village was once our home"

"It was"
Seokjin sighs looking around.

"No one bought this land till date"

The shorter says ,fighting hard to swallow the lump.

"You didn't let anyone buy this land hyung"

Seokjin pursed his lips ,picking at the wilts peeping through the scales of the roof.

"Then why didn't you stopped it this time ?"
Yoongi demands ,fearing the answer.Is it what he thinks it is ?

"Why did you called me here ?"
Seokjin asks instead .

The cold breeze ruffles Yoongi's hairs a little as he moves them back and asks
"When are you coming home?"

"I was expecting Taehyung here asking about it .Or maybe on Namjoon's door"

"You know he won't back out"
Yoongi hates how his own brothers are desperate to leave him.Is he really that unworthy?

Seokjin exhales ,trailing his gaze over a butterfly hovering above them.

"Then you know my answer too"

That's it.

"Why are you so adamant to break the link now ? After all these years ,you didn't  ,why now ?"

The older doesn't answer for a while .Yoongi waits for him with a sliver of patience he seems to be running out of.

"How is it going with Jimin? I told you didn't I ? You should have cleared things before "

Yoongi rubs his temples, close to snap back.He wants to.He will.If Seokjin keeps talking in circles like this..

"Your human tried to do some damage control "
He answers with a chuckle.

Seokjin cocks a brow.
"It's Joonie. And did he now ?"

Yoongi nods .Jimin had asked him for some time to think about it.The pinkette was truly genuine with his feelings towards him.He should have told him earlier.

"He seems to incline more at the Vampire's good points .Your influence?"

Seokjin didn't look amused at the teasing tone.

"It's good then.Jimin is a nice guy"

Yoongi couldn't argue on that.

With a slight confidence he asked "Do you know what was the first question he asked me when we met again?"