53.Memory

Namjoon's face brightened by the candle's light ,as he placed it in front of the frame.

"Happy Birthday Hobi"

Hoseok's bright heart shaped smile brought one on his face too and he sighs, wiping the tears before he full on breaks down.No.He had promised he would be strong. Jimin will be here anytime ,and he has yet to sort the groceries he brought on his way home from the court.

He had his head burrowed into the recipe book trying to figure how he can proceed until Jimin arrives.He had thought about ordering takeouts but Hoseok had always cooked for him.He wanted to do the same.He should have done it a little earlier .That thought suddenly broke the facade he was maintaining and he slids down the counter ,burrying his head into his palms.

"Pull yourself together Namjoon"
He scolds himself, rubbing his eyes and takes a sharp breathe ,fanning himself to calm down.It helped to some extent and when he thought he won't break down soon ,he stoods up walking towards the refrigerator to check if he can make beef too.He remembers bringing packets of Hanwoo .

The door bell rang and he smiles when Jimin yells from the doorframe "Hyung ,your saviour is here! You can stop trying to burn the kitchen now!"

Namjoon rolled his eyes "Hilarious. I hadn't even started anything.Is this a good idea ? I am sorry if I am wasting your time asking to help me cook"

"Nonsense! "
Jimin waved him ,taking his shoes off ,placing them on the rack and claps
"Now tell me how much of a disaster the kitchen is and where should we begin the cleaning before getting to the actual task"

Namjoon glares at him "See for yourself .I will be right back "

Jimin nods ,looking around.The apartment was cleaner today ,and he spotted Hoseok's picture placed on the table in the center and walks towards it ,"Happy Birthday Hoseok Hyung"

He eyes the frames on the walls, all of Namjoon with mostly Hoseok by his side.Few of Jungkook's too .He unconsciously stepped closer to the wall and began to look at each one.

There was a frame containing someone ,facing the sunset ,hands spread out as if he was embracing the sun.He swears this wasn't here when he came last time.Or maybe it was?

He tilts his head ,it doesn't look like Namjoon. Maybe Hoseok? But Hoseok's shoulders aren't-

"What are you doing there? "
Namjoon steps into the living room,droplets falling down the tips of his Hairs showing he just washed his face.

"Ah ,nothing.Just looking at all the pictures.You all look great "
He smiles ,eyes still lingering at that one particular frame.

Namjoon notices his gaze and clears his throat "Then let's get to work? Your boyfriend coming ?"

Jimin shakes his head ,letting himself guided into the kitchen, Namjoon's hold on his shoulders a little tight.He gulps ,facing the other and then to the several packets of beef and fish

"Hyung ,that's a lot you are aiming to cook tonight"

"It's just the fish and beef .What are you talking about ?"
Namjoon shrugs, handing him the apron

That's a lot of beef jerkey and all sorts of pork ,what's he trying to do ?

Jimin frowns but doesn't question and gets to work.

They finish the dinner in no time and Namjoon could tell Jimin was a better cook than he could ever be .And he was glad he decided to take his help.Also ,the apartment would be less lonely ,that's a bonus .

"To Hoseok"
They clink their soju bottles, sitting over the rooftop ,on a mat.

"I am going to camp out here hyung ,I am warning you.My Alcohol tolerance is minimal to none"