2. Lie

Song for the chapter: Lie by Park Jimim (BTS)

Don't forget to vote 💜

Hannah's POV

"Alright, guys! You all did amazing. We're done for today. You're free to go."

I was surrounded by relieved sighs, goodbyes, and pats on the shoulder. My other manager, Iseul, and some other staff offered to wait with me, but I told them I would be fine. Iseul notified me he'd be back to pick me up for tonight and left me alone with my thoughts.

Standing in the now vacant dance studio, I shook my hands in an attempt to relieve some of the anxiety in my system. Three hours of dancing simply wasn't enough to mitigate the damage that tonight would bring.

Turning the music back on, I danced. Over and over until I couldn't feel anything at all.

Tripping over a dance move I had just been performing consistently sent me over the edge. I threw myself to the ground and let out a frustrated scream.

"Why?" I let my inner thoughts take over.

"Why is this happening to me?"

Wiping the stray tear that escaped during my fit of frustration. I picked myself up and grabbed my things to leave.

"Hannah? Are you okay?" Seonghwa's voice echoed in my head, the bond tugging from his search through my emotions.

"No." I knew I couldn't lie to him. He felt it. It was so powerful they all probably felt it even while the probability of that remained almost impossible.

"I'm here if you need to talk. Well... think, I guess..." His meek voice echoed in response.

"You always are."

Unleashing my inner thoughts to him through the bond, I was in deep thought while heading to shower and change, emphasizing and spilling my extreme distaste for where I was about to go.

"I wish our bond was enough to sustain you. I'd take you away from this arrangement as quick as I could..." Seonghwa's voice was laced with sadness and frustration. He always felt guilty that our bond was not enough to keep me alive.
Platonic bonds never would be. Especially not after I was already bonded "romantically."

"I know Seonghwa," I said aloud, knowing he couldn't hear me, but he could feel me.

"I know."

———————————

The ride to Hybe was the last thing I wanted to do. I'd rather live 10 lives than head to our monthly meet-up.

I was grateful that Iseul came with me for the drop-off. He offered to walk me up, to which I declined. He devoted so much time to me, and I wanted him to go home and spend his time off with his family.

Thanking my driver and receiving a "fighting" from Iseul, I couldn't help but laugh at him giving me the hand gesture and everything; like, "Yeah! Fighting, Hannah! Go get some dick from your unaccepting soulmates."

I made sure to be let off near the back and donned a cap and mask to ensure our well-kept secret stayed that way. If the public ever found out that we were not only bonded but separated, our lives would be hell.