14. 𝓕𝓻𝓮𝓮𝔃𝓮

𝐻𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶𝒽'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱

✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧

"Seonghwa!"

At this moment, I swear I felt the hinges explode, and I was flooded with immediate happiness. I never realized how much I relied on him to keep me sane during this awful time in my life; I was immediately grateful to have him as a best friend for life.

"Surprise!" His cute little smile entered the doorway as I plowed forward to hug him. Wrapping his arms around me tightly, he pulled back to look at me.

"If Grammys were handed out for looks, you'd win them all. You look beautiful, Hannah." My smile was beaming so hard it could've been spotted from space, thanking him for his compliments, and I returned my gaze to look him over.

He looked terrific, dressed elegantly in a black suit and hair styled neatly, splayed over his forehead. I still couldn't believe they had surprised me with him being here.

A/N: This is the style we are going for; my Ateez bias is looking fresh to death 😭❤️

"I can't believe you're here! I feel like I'm in shock!" Raising my hand to press it to my forehead, my gaze turned to Iseul.

"This was you wasn't it, Iseul-ssi." Smiling sweetly at me, he gave me a meek nod.

"I planned it a few days ago, but I was even more glad I did after yesterday." I was so thankful to have this man on my team, he, indeed, was the closest thing to a father figure to me here, and I couldn't express my thankfulness enough. Hugging him, he wrapped his arms tightly around me and shook me around.

"You deserve all the love and support, Hannah." His smile grew brighter as he looked around the room, stopping at seonghwa and smiling. "And now, you'll have a dance partner for Secret Love Song." I stepped back from his hold immediately in shock. Huh?!

"Wait, what?!"

"You said only three people knew the choreography, one's broken, and the other one can go to hell. Seonghwa was the best option. I knew you were excited to perform it; now you get to." Iseuls words had me frozen in shock, one from his blow to my soulmate but two because I wasn't sure how this would work.

"Wait, but what about KQ? Are they going to allow this?" Turning to Seonghwa, asking my question sincerely, but his response was a smile as he nodded back to Iseul.

"Already done. What management would say no to one of their idols performing for the Grammys?"

"In other words, it's the closest we're going to get to perform at the Grammys. I would've gotten on that plane whether I wanted to or not." Stifling a giggle, Seonghwa released a fake sigh of stress before returning my laughter.

"It won't come to be a scandal; the world knows you're platonic mates; they won't see it as anything less."

I couldn't help but feel anxious about it after the initial wave of happiness. Yeah, the world wouldn't see it as anything less, but seven men would be there that wouldn't see it as anything more than exactly what they'd think.

"I know what you're thinking; stop worrying." Looking at Seonghwa, who was already looking at me with a smile, I mouthed a thank you and turned back to Iseul.

"Thank you for this. You're right. I needed this."

Nodding his head with a smile, the staff proceeded to crowd the room as we went over the plan for the red carpet.

Daniel wanted to let Seonghwa accompany me on the red carpet; he'd stay behind with the staff as we walked through. We'd stop to take pictures, some together, including Daniel and Psy, and then my solo shots; from there, Seonghwa would be there with me during the interviews to let the world know he'd be performing alongside me due to an injury from one of my dancers. After the rest of the interviews are up, we'd be escorted inside and sit through the show till Seonghwa and I are escorted back to prepare for our performance.

I offered the idea for Seonghwa to sing JayB's part because I knew he could fit the range, which he reluctantly accepted after worrying he wouldn't fit the expectations. I wish he'd think higher of himself. I was then notified we'd also have a point where I'd be photographed with Bangtan on the red carpet, as well as an interview with them before my other interviews. Knowing later that I'd be getting on the carpet minutes after them scared me a bit, but it was Seonghwa in my head that gave me words of encouragement.

"Think about the fact that you'll be there after them. This means they get to see you step out and hear the screams from fans. See you dressed like this. It'll be over for them from the moment they see a glimpse of you."

I'm not going to lie; those words didn't help as much as I wished they would, but he did have a point. It's every girl's dream to step out on their "exes" after shit goes down. Mine just happens to be at the most prominent music award show. #Winning.

After going through the plan for how the evening should go, before I knew it, we were in the limo, waiting down the block for our turn to step out. The limo in front of us no doubt held BTS, which was making my heart race. Between Daniel and seonghwa, I was deeply distracted by their attempt to be funny in hopes of distracting me. It worked for a while.

"You ready, Hannah?" Iseul called from the front seat of the limo.

Meekly nodding, I heard Daniel pip up from my left.

"Bring out the stage persona Hannah. Show them who's the baddest bitch in the K-pop industry."

Nodding my head and closing everyone out for a minute, I closed my eyes and tried to get in the mindset I had on stage. The screams of fans got closer, and the countdown for the doors being opened began.

"5"

I could do this; I was nominated, wasn't I? I was meant to be here.

"4"

Fuck I couldn't do this. , I could run. It's not too late

"3"

Fuck

"Hannah! Hannah! Hannah!"

"2"

Flashing came from everywhere, and the moment the door opened, and I thought I would be greeted with extreme sound, my brain made it sound muffled.

"1"

"Hannah, you're on."

"And now we're seeing the entrance of Hannah Park! The singer nominated from Seoul, South Korea now makes her way onto the red carpet."

My eyes opened. My heart thumped. I could feel them. Wait. I could feel them?

Stepping on the carpet with seonghwa on my arm, I looked up and locked eyes with seven men who were equally confused about how they could also feel me.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧

A/N:

Thank you for those who are reading this! I'm so grateful for the love❤️

Reminder: conversations in italics mean it's Seonghwa or her mates talking through their telepathy

Date Written - 4/30/22

Word Count- 1,220