7. 𝓐𝓶 𝓘 𝓦𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰

Song for the chapter: Am I Wrong by BTS

Don't forget to vote 💜

𝐻𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶𝒽'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱

✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧

Before I could get close to where Seonghwa was, a hand gripped my wrist and tugged me out to the hallway. Looking up to see who was holding my wrist captive, I realized it was one of my soulmates whose spoken the least to me in 9 months.

"What the hell, Jungkook?! You can't just pull me away. There are people in there! People will see us-" he cut me off briskly, hands running through his hair and face masked in an utterly pissed-off expression. Pacing in front of me, alone in the large hallway, he shakes his head with a dry laugh.

"I don't give a damn what people see, Hannah. I care about what I just witnessed on the dance floor. What the fuck was that?!" I rubbed the part of my wrist where he had harshly grabbed it and turned to look at him, thoroughly annoyed.

"What you witnessed was dancing. You gave up the right to care about what I do when you all broke things off."

"I think you're forgetting that your soul belongs to us-"

"I don't belong to anyon-"

"Denial is an awful disease, Hannah."

"That's funny coming from you!"

"It doesn't matter where or frankly who you try to run to. You'll never get that same feeling soulmates give you." He yelled out brazenly.

"I think you're forgetting that all of this is happening because none of you gave me the benefit of the doubt. I don't belong to any of you anymore, Jungkook. My soul may be bonded to you, but my heart no longer is. You chose to believe a fucking lie made from insecurities."

Scoffing, he crosses his arms and looks at me darkly, stopping his pacing to stand close in front of me. "I think what you're doing now proves that Jimin's "insecurities" were right."

"What do you expect from me?!" I screamed at his face, trying hard to keep composure but feeling it slipping, "Do you expect me to be alone forever?"

"No! What I expected you to do was to try harder to fix it. You could've solved everything if you just let Seonghwa go!"

"I think you're forgetting he's one of my soulmates!"

Jungkook stepped up to me, inches from my face, pointing his finger with each syllable, "Never. Call. Him. That. Again." I feel the presence of others enter the hallway we're in, but that doesn't stop him. He remains inches from my face, looking down at me as his gaze goes even darker. Rage consumed him. I've seen Kook angry before. He can get the most enraged out of all of them; I've just never been on this end of it. "He'll never be what you want him to be, Hannah."

"I never wanted him to be my romantic soulmate, Kook! You all think that's the truth, but it's a lie that Jimin managed to make you all believe!" Before Jungkook could retaliate, he was cut off.

"Kook step back. You need to stop and calm down." Namjoon entered farther into the long hallway, looking to make sure no other people were around. Entering behind him were the other 6 of our soulmates. But Jungkook doesn't stop. Namjoon and I make eye contact from behind Jungkook, and I can see a little remorse in his eyes, but he quickly looks back at Kook. Namjoon goes to ask if I'm alright, but Jungkook cuts him off.

"No! What needs to stop is you running from man to man. I never want to see you pull any more shit like you just tried with Bangchan."

"It's called dancing Jungkook." I was once again cut off.

"Don't play dumb with me, Hannah. I know he asked you to go home with him tonight. I also know you were dumb enough to say yes." I could see the surprised looks from the rest of the boys, shocked by Jungkook's admission of the events. Or maybe more so who he was talking about. I noticed Yoongi out of the corner of my eye attempting to step forward, but Namjoon held him back.

"It's called making a friend! I think you're forgetting that Ateez is exceptionally close with Stray Kids, so it makes sense that I would befriend them! Besides, you have no right to try and control me. We shouldn't be doing this here, Jungkook; it isn't a day for this-"

"Oh right," he scoffed, eyeing me cynically as he stepped back with a dry and humorless laugh, "Just like Seonghwa is just a friend? Why is it that you keep making male friends? Were you ever faithful to us? Are you even faithful to Seonghwa at this point? Or is Bangchan the new flavour of the week?" Of course, that's the only part of my sentence he heard. I went to go back at him, my palms itching with anxiety, or maybe with the urge to smack him for his words across his face. Before I could, another voice entered the hall.

"Was that my name, I hear?" And there he is. He must've sensed my distress because Seonghwa enters the small hallway, pushing harshly through BTS to come to my side, slightly pushing me behind him and facing Jungkook, stepping up to him. Jungkook and Seonghwa were both five foot ten, but Seonghwa's demeanor flickered and he showed a darkness that made Jungkook fumble for a mere second.

"I think you've said enough, Jungkook ssi. This is not the time nor place to pull shit like this. As Hannah said, you gave up any right to what she does the moment you all threw her away." Before anyone could say anything more, Seonghwa wrapped his arm around my shoulders and guided me out of the small hallway. Once we reach the door, he turned back around, slightly pushing me to continue walking.

"And also Jungkook-ssi, well actually all of you. If you're all naive enough to believe what you're told and not based on facts, then you never deserved her in the first place." I noticed Jungkook moving to make a move for Seonghwa but Jin cut off his movements.

Turning back with a smirk, he gives me a small smile before putting his hand on my back and guiding me towards where the girls were standing.

I wanted to turn back and see their faces after Seonghwa's final statement, but his face told me I shouldn't do that.

I was still shaken up by the events, even minutes after we walked away. I couldn't get over the fact that they thought so low of me. I just wanted to go hide under a rock.

"You'll never find the same feeling that soulmates give to you."

Jungkook's words ran through my head. And unfortunately, he was right.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧

A/N: shorter chapter, kinda filler, sorry for the awful one😣

Layne

Date Written: 4/26/22

Word Count: 1,167

Date of Final Edit: 07/02/2022