6. 𝓗𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓜𝓮 𝓣𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

Song for the chapter: Hold Me Tight by BTS

Don't forget to vote 💜

𝐻𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶𝒽'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱

✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧

"I feel like this is a bad idea..." I said nervously, not that dancing was a crime, but quickly rushing to dance with Seonghwa while my soulmates were walking this way seemed like a blunt punch to the face of their already intense insecurities.

"Listen, my dear," Jihyo said, grabbing my shoulders to face her. "They picked this path; you're free now to do whatever you want. You can dance with whoever you want, talk to whoever you want. You are your own person now because that's what they chose to make happen. Now, you two go dance."

She quickly ushered us towards the dance floor, September pulsing through the DJ's speakers, taking us both by the shoulders and pushing us forward.

(A/N: listening to this while writing this scene made me picture it better, which made me happy.)

"Our hearts were ringin', In the key that our souls were singin'. As we danced in the night, remember." Deciding Jihyo was right, I grabbed Seonghwa's hand and pulled him to the dance floor, the biggest smile on my face while doing so.

He grabbed my hand and started to twirl me around, throwing my head back to laugh. I immediately got sucked into the moment.

(A/N: I've been trying to figure out how I pictured them dancing, definitely not this rehearsed or formal or like intense but the twirling and throwing her head back, etc. It matches up close enough🤷🏻‍♀️ the part where they dance in the first chorus fits up almost exactly how I thought of them dancing, except more laughing and being themselves)

Seonghwa kept up with twirling me around, his hand appropriately at shoulder-ish height. The smile on this man's face, while he lost himself in the song and spun me around, was contagious.

"Ay-e-aye, say do you remember? Ay-e-aye, dancing in September."

The moment the song did a bit of a beat, he dipped me playfully, not noticing the eyes of most of the guests enamored by our unchoreographed, choreographed dance moves. We moved as one, twirling each other around with nothing but smiles and laughter taking place as we did so. Unintentionally clearing the dance floor around us, people spectated our exhilarating moment of pure bliss as two platonic soulmates cleared their minds through song and dance.

When the song ended, some of the guests applauded our dancing together, while Seonghwa and I proceeded to blush and hide away from the happily staring guests. I looked over at Jihyo subtly, who still stood near the bar while giving me an equally subtle thumbs up.