Fed 2,367

confederacy brief mention tw

9/11 brief mention tw

Also the America mentioned is from Youth Pastor Ryan's Untimely News

The Table is officially two years old tomorrow

California kept careful journal entries throughout the years at the start of the meetings. Not about the meetings themselves but about the feds who came to run their meetings. It was nothing significant at first but, as the years went on and feds came and went, California and the rest of the states began to notice a trend. They had a tendency to run out any fed who was borderline abusive, demeaning, or just out right awful to them.

Fed Number 43. Showed clear favoritism towards the West and New England, ignored the south and midwest.

"We don't need to call them." The fed said with a smile leading the west and New England into the meeting room, blatantly ignoring the south and the midwest standing there. The door closed behind them and Texas took off his hat, rubbing his forehead.

"Florida." Texas commanded looking over at the chaos state. Florida grinned already knowing his crushes next words. "Give 'em hell."

Florida scared him off within two days.

He had mostly kept the entries as a joke but overtime it became amusing to himself and the other states. The feds, the most powerful organization in the world, were being run off by states. States. No one cared about them back in Washington and yet, they were being scared by their own people. It gave them a sense of power back.

Fed Number 67. Showed favoritism to the south, if only to restart the Confederacy and plant seeds of succession in their heads.

"We're not starting a war!" Virginia yelled in the meeting, throwing a folder down on the middle of the table and glaring at the fed.

"But don't you want your power back?" The fed asked, clearly nervous since he wasn't expecting this level of push back.

"We have power! Good power! We ain't making that mistake again!" Mississippi added.

"Besides." Massachusetts piped up, eyes glinting and a scary smile spreading across his face. "Only I can start a war."

Massachusetts ran him out within twenty-four hours.

It became a game of shorts, almost like the states dared Washington to send their worst and they'd spit them back. Deep down, California knew Washington was becoming more aggravated then scared of them, but he let the others have their delusions. It was more fun this way anyway.

Fed Number 100. America came to visit us.

"You have to stop scaring away the feds! They're coming to help you!" America scolded the states sitting around the large meeting table.

"No offense." Washington said, rolling his eyes. "But maybe if they respected us we wouldn't be scaring them off."

"They do respect you!" America argued voice cracking.

"No they don't." Indiana pouted. "They just want to divide us."

We scared feds 100-150 away out of spite.

Some feds getting scared away was dangerous.

Fed Number 180. Tried to break up Kentucky and Georgia.

"AND IF YOU EVER COME SNIFFING AROUND HERE AGAIN-" Georgia's voice carried from the front door where he was screaming at the recent fed who came dangerously close to kissing Kentucky in a 'private' meeting between the two.

"Uh. Your husband is terrifying." Ohio muttered as Kentucky lit up his cigarette.

"Y'all are just noticing that now?" Kentucky gasped.

Some were hilarious.

Fed Number 200. Didn't make it even twenty minutes.

"He is INSANE and needs to be PUT DOWN." The fed screamed, leaving Florida's house covered in molasses and bits of balloon. Florida was on the ground laughing as Virginia tried to keep his composure and tried not to join in, watching the fed leave.

But some were cruel.

Fed Number 1,502. Tried to get New York to join a meeting even after his city was damaged.

"I am aware that his city was damaged!" The fed yelled to an angry group of North Eastern states. "But he needs to come to this meeting!"

"He just had a TERRORIST attack!" Pennsylvania yelled ready to jump over the table and punch the fed in the face.

In July of 2019 fed 2,366 left Florida's house after a disastrous one day. No one could decide what truly caused them to leave, though Cali was privy to take the credit for that one. When 2,366 was going up the drive, he turned back to the states gathered on the deck and screamed,

"You're all useless states! No one wants to work with you because you're so pathetic! Do you ever wonder why you don't hear from your politicians? Because you don't matter!"

No one was laughing after that.

Cali's notebook was empty for most of the rest of 2019, no other fed tried to start the meetings and the states remained relatively separate. Until March 2020, when a singular entry was written after a long absence.

Fed Number 2,367

Everyone could remember it well, Washington emailing everyone that a new fed would come and start the meetings because of the coronavirus sweeping through the country. Right now he just wanted the main five since they were the biggest, hardest hit states, and would possibly call the others later.

Fed Number 2,367

Cali stared at the blank page after the title before glancing up. In front of him DC sat munching on some toast with avocado on it, tie over his shoulder so he wouldn't get anything messy on his clothes, staring down at a laptop in front of him with the documents of the day. He had come a long way since January of 2021 after his breakdown, and even though it was still a struggle, he was making progress everyday.

"Hey babe." Cali called making DC look up. He had avocado on the top part of his beard and was in the middle of a bite when Cali got his attention. Cali just laughed. "Do you have a pencil?"

"Oh yeah I think so." DC mumbled fumbling around in his suit pants before pulling out a nice fountain pen, probably given to him by Gov. He held it out to Cali who took it with a smile.

"Thanks babe." Cali said with a smile. DC nodded and went back to his documents and breakfast, leaving Cali to ponder the title at the top of the page.

Fed Number 2,367

Cali tapped the pen against his lips and smiled, writing something down that would make their other boyfriends (and DC himself) smile and cry later.

Fed Number 2,367

He never left