dear diary, today i saw a boy

This is potentially an excerpt from something I wanna write

I don't know if any of you know them but the Dear America books, aka historical fiction, was my shit back in the day. And I was thinking wouldn't it be fun to do this but states. 

So this is an except of possibly a diary written by DC in 2020. If it's good I'll actually do this. 

March 22, 2020

Well it's friggen muggy as fuck outside, but I arrived to Florida.

A few things of note, Southwest airlines may be the most dependable airline but their boarding procedures are a nightmare. Oh why did I fly instead of just teleporting over you may ask? Because Gov thought it would freak the states out. But they're states! They should be used to people teleporting in and out.

I had thought the airport just lost their air conditioning, but then I stepped outside to wait for Washington and was hit with a wall of hot air. Like pure hot air. I sweated through my suit. Washington made fun of me the entire way to the house, saying I shouldn't have worn my proper suit to Florida.

Bastard.

The house is at the end of a dying neighborhood hidden in tall swamp grass and mostly hidden unless you know where the driveway was. It kind of looks like an old school. In fact I think it might be an old school. Why would the state of Florida need this big of a house??? I didn't have time to question it though, I had already sweat through my suit shirt and begged Washington to let me borrow one of his shirts when we got inside. He said he had a blue polo that might fit, but that was in-between laughter so who knows.

The yard is actually well put together aside from the view from the street, so I was impressed. I dunno I just always liked a well-kept lawn, I think it's my papa in me. Washington led me up the front stairs, opened the door, and turned to me with a grin.

"Well Dee." He said. "Welcome to Florida."