Chapter 3 The Final Guardian

No one's POV

It was a few days after they'd defeated the Flower Garden and resumed on their journey on the labyrinth. The next floor would mark the hundredth from the one Hajime and Sora had started in. Once they've checked in their supplies, they moved inside to where they see the 100th floor boss door.

Yue: Hajime, Sora, You're both being even more careful than usual.

Hajime: Hm? Yeah, cause the next floor's going to be the hundredth one. I just get the feeling there's going to be something big waiting for us.

Sora: They say most of the labyrinths are only supposed to go one hundred floors deep too, so... Well, there's no harm in taking precautions.

After about two hundred meters of walking, they found themselves staring at the opposite wall. Set within it was a massive set of doors. The ten-meter-tall pair of double doors also had something engraved into them. There was a heptagon carved into each, with a peculiar pattern adorning each vertex of the shape.

Sora: Well, that's quite the impressive entrance.

Hajime: Do you think this is...

Yue:...Where the maverick lives?

It really looked like the kind of room that'd have a last boss in it. Though none of their perception skills were picking up on anything, Their instincts were screaming at them not to head inside nonetheless.

Hajime: Well, if it is, that's just perfect. That means we've finally made it to our goal.

Sora: No matter what lies ahead, we'll move forwards as always.

Yue: Yeah.

They stepped forward simultaneously, walking past the last pair of pillars. The moment they cleared them... a massive, thirty meter large magic circle appeared in the air between them and the door. It pulsed malignantly as it shot out gouts of dark red light.

Sora: Crap! A summoning circle!!

Hajime: That size is no joke! It's the same kind as when we fell into the abyss... No... This is much larger!

Sora: That means this literally is the last boss!

Yue: Don't worry... we won't lose.

Sora: That's right. Not a chance.

Both Sora and Hajime smile understandably faltered a little, but Yue's determined expression remained unshaken, and she tightly squeezed both of their arm. They nodded in response, and smiled wryly as they watched the magic circle finish its summoning.

 They nodded in response, and smiled wryly as they watched the magic circle finish its summoning

Finally, it let out one last incandescent burst of light. Yue and Hajime both covered their eyes to preserve their sight. Once the illumination dimmed, they got their first glimpse of their foe. What stood before them was a monster thirty meters in length. It had six heads attached to very long necks, each of which had a different-colored pattern engraved into its head and a pair of dark red eyes. It resembled the mythical Hydra.