(Season 2) Chapter 8 The Phantasmagorical Adventure

No one's POV

Myu continue to stare at the newcomer with great interest. Myu wanted to ask if this really was all the whale's doing, but the whale was sitting unresponsive atop her head. It seemed exhausted. Incidentally, Myu had been constantly pestering Sora to tell stories of his adventures, so she had heard the name Meiru before.

Myu: Mrr? Meiru? Meiru Melusine? Mrrr?

Myu cocked her head, trying to remember why that name sounded so familiar. Before she could finish searching her memories though, Meiru squatted down in front of her.

Meiru: So, Myu-chan. Where exactly is this place? The truth is, I'm a little lost.

Meiru furrowed her eyebrows. She explained that she'd been patrolling the waters around Andika, which was a city built on boats, with some friends of hers when suddenly a thick fog had started swirling around them. After that she'd found herself here, separated from all her friends. In other words, the exact same situation Myu and the others had encountered. Once Meiru finished her explanation, Myu looked up and said brightly.

Myu: Meiru-oneechan, I'm lost, too!

Meiru: You don't live here?

Myu: I don't think it's possible for anyone to live here, Meiru-oneechan.

Meiru: I-I suppose that's true... Hm? Come to think of it, you resemble Diene quite a bit... Oh, Diene is my little sister. Being lectured on common sense by someone who looks just like my sister hurts a little, actually.

Meiru's shoulders slumped and Myu thought to herself.

Myu(mind): Onee-chan's amazing, but she's also kind of useless.

Meiru: Umm, so why are you here then, Myu-chan?

Meiru cleared her throat and quickly changed the topic. Just as Myu opened her mouth to answer, the sounds of fighting she heard earlier returned. They were much closer this time, and Myu could see bolts of lightning arcing into the sky a few blocks away. A second later the air around the buildings a short distance away shimmered, then they were all blasted into bits.

Meiru: Myu-chan, don't leave my side.

Myu: O-Okay!

Myu huddled in Meiru's shadow. For some reason, she found Meiru's presence to be extremely reassuring. Even though they'd just met, and Meiru could use magic even though she was a dagon, and she called herself a captain of a pirate crew, Myu wasn't scared of her at all. Her intuition told her Meiru was a good person. She felt the same way about Meiru that she did about the whale resting atop her head.

Meiru(mind): Sh-She's so cute! She's friendly, honest, and she's got a mascot-type thing on her head! She's high-level! In fact, she might even be as cute as Diene! This little girl's an angel!

Her thoughts were quite impure. But then Meiru was the same woman who'd planned to take over an entire city for her sister's sake. It was hardly surprising that she'd be overjoyed when the dagon girl she just saved started clinging to her. Ironically, Myu had gotten closer to knocking Meiru out with happiness than any of her enemies ever had with violence. Fortunately, it didn't look like Meiru would need to fight right now anyway.