Chapter 18 Overwhelming Force

No one's POV

Kaori: Hajime! Sora!

Kaori shouted from the top of her lung towards Sora and Hajime. Her voice was clearly relief. The two person that she had been searching for were still alive. Shizuku who was laying next to her look shocked.

Shizuku: Huh? Hajime? Sora? Wait, you mean that's Yatagami and Nagumo? What!? No way!? How!?

Confused, Shizuku glanced back and forth between Sora, Hajime and Kaori. Kaori may have been able to instantly tell the white-haired boy with the eyepatch was Hajime, and the boy with the gray hair was Sora, but Shizuku had no such supernatural powers of recognition. However, his gentle smile was certainly the same one she'd remembered seeing many times before. Moreover, his facial features still resembled the Sora from Shizuku's memories.

Shizuku: Wait? Seriously!? Is it really you? Is it really you, Yatagami? How? Your alive? How on earth are you here!?

Sora: Slow down, Yaegashi. You're supposed to be the calm and composed one, aren't you?

Even Shizuku couldn't remain calm after such an unbelievable chain of events. Seconds ago she'd been prepared for death, and now she was faced with her two classmate who were supposed to be dead. While Shizuku was still stammering incoherently, Sora and Hajime looked up at the hole they'd come through. Hajime caught Yue as she fell and gently lowered her to the ground. Sora on the other hand caught Aishia and Shea, putting them down as well. Last came Endou.

Endou: N-Nagumooo! You bastard, that nearly gave me a heart attack! What the hell was that!? You just plowed right through the ground with it! What the hell were you thinking!?

He looked around as he complained, spotting his best friends, along with the rest of his comrades, surrounded by a horde of monsters. His friends were both overjoyed at seeing him again, and angry that he'd returned.

Jugo: Kousuke!

Endou: Jugo! Kentarou! I've brought reinforcements!

At the word "reinforcements," both Kouki and the demon turned to look at Sora and Hajime and the girls they'd brought with them. However, Sora and Hajime ignored the stares and started barking orders to Aishia, Yue and Shea.

Hajime: Yue. You protect the ones cowering in the corner over there.

Sora: Aishia, you take good care at the girls behind us. Shea, look after that collapsed knight over there. The one wearing all that armor.

Yue: Okay... leave it to me.

Aishia: Got it.

Shea: Aye aye, sir!

Yue casually walked over to the other students, completely ignoring the monsters surrounding them. Aishia stepped back and walked near Kaori and Shizuku. Meanwhile, Shea leaped over to Meld with surprising agility.

Kaori: Hajime! Sora!

Kaori once again called out to Sora and Hajime, her voice trembling. She was feeling so many different emotions that she couldn't process them all. Naturally, there was the joy of knowing they were still alive, and the happiness she felt at seeing them again. However, there was also a mounting feeling of dread along with a sudden fear creeping its way into her mind. After all, Sora and Hajime were here in this dangerous place. She had no idea how they'd found their way down here, but all she wanted was for them to flee to safety. Hajime noticed her unease and tried to reassure her.

Hajime: We'll be fine, you stay there.

Aishia: Please just let us handle this. Shizuku and Kaori stay here and I'll protect you.