Chapter 9 Raisen Great Labyrinth

No one's POV

After finding to what it looks like the entrance of another Great Labyrinth, Sora, Hajime, Yue and Aishia were just standing there dumbfounded by the cutesy handwriting was completely out of place in the desolate gorge.

Sora: Wha-?!

Miledy: Hi there, welcome! Welcome to Miledi Raisen's Super Duper Exciting Labyrinth!

There was a voice claiming herself to be Miledi one of the Liberator just like Oscar rang through the air as soon as Sora and the rest entered the tunnel.

Sora: Where's that voice coming from?

Shea: Who cares! We found the entrance to the labyrinth! How's that! Aren't you glad to have me as a companion?!

Sora, Aishia, Hajime and Yue finally recovered from their shock enough to stare at each other in disbelief.

Hajime: You think this is really it?

Yue:......Yeah.

Aishia:.......Definitely.

Sora: That was a long pause. What makes you both think so?

Aishia: I read it in Oscar's notes.

Sora: Makes sense...

Oscar's notes had informed them that Reisen's first name had indeed been Miledi. The name Reisen was famous, but most people hadn't known her first name. And so, the fact that it was written on the board made it highly likely that it was the entrance to the labyrinth proper. The only reason they were doubtful at all was because...

Hajime: What's with this stupidly cutesy writing?

Sora: I agree.

Hajime and Sora thought back to the numerous life and death struggles they faced in the Great Orcus Labyrinth. If this labyrinth was anything like it, they'd be in for a tough fight. And yet, the entrance was marked with this utterly incongruous lighthearted sign.

Shea: Okay, how do we get in?

Shea started looking around looking for an entrance, feeling around the wall.

Hajime: Come on, it wouldn't be..

Suddenly, the wall opened up, making Shea fall on her face, as the wall closed behind her, as Sora, Aishia, Hajime and Yue looked dumbfounded.

Sora, Aishia, Hajime and Yue: No way...

As Shea had just found a secret entrance, the words carved in the stone suddenly seemed more believable. So the entrance to Reisen's labyrinth really is here. Sora was already starting to miss the more serious atmosphere of Orcus' labyrinth. This seemed more like an amusement park than a dungeon. He located the revolving door that Shea had disappeared through, exchanged a sigh with Hajime and the others, and pushed forward.

Sora: Really? You shouldn't move so carelessly...

Whatever mechanism operated the door activated, pushing Sora, Aishia , Hajime and Yue to the other side of the wall. Darkness greeted them on the other side. The door finished its revolution, eventually coming to a stop in its original position.

Sora: Shea...?

An instant later there was an odd whirling noise, as a bunch of somethings flew straight for both Sora and Hajime. Upon activating their Night Vision, they were able to see what was coming at them. Arrows. They were painted jet-black to make sure not even a sliver of light reflected off them. Sora and Hajime pulled out their guns and shot most of them down. Clanging noises filled the room as metal impacted on metal.