Chapter 11 Request

No one's POV

A week has passed since Sora and the others had challenged the Raisen Gorge Labyrinth. The Brooke adventurer's guild's door opened with a cheerful clang. 5 people walked inside. Sora, Aishia, Hajime, Yue, and Shea, who had grown famous around the town.

As always, there were a few people sitting around inside the guild. A few of them raised a hand in greeting as Hajime and the others walked by. Many of the guys still gazed at Aishia, Yue and Shea with longing, and glared at Sora and Hajime with burning envy, but there was a distinct lack of malice in their stares.

In the week they'd spent back in Brooke, countless scores of men had tried to profess their love to Aishia, Yue and Shea, but they'd all been shot down. Some of them still remembered Yue's ball crushing incident, so instead of going to her directly, they had tried to get on Sora's and Hajime's good side first.

Hajime had, of course, ignored them entirely. The truly desperate ones had tried to challenge Sora and Hajime to a duel, only to find themselves on the receiving end of Hajime's rubber bullets. Many an unfortunate soul had found themselves spinning through the air and kissing the dirt by Sora's fist before they'd even drawn their weapon.

Catherine: Oh. You're that lads from way back. What brings you here today?

Old lady Catherine was manning the reception desk. The reason for Catherine's surprise was that this past week, Sora and Hajime had either come alone, or Aishia, Yue and Shea had visited as a trio.

Sora: Yeah. We're heading out tomorrow, but we wanted to come thank you for everything you've done for us first. Oh, and to see if there's any requests related to our destination.

That "everything" had included lending Sora and Hajime one of the guild's rooms for free. They had wanted to see what kind of stuff they could do by combining their newfound gravity magic with their creation magic, but they'd needed a wide open space for that. When Sora had come to Catherine to ask where he could find one of those, she'd offered to let him use one of the guild's rooms for free.

In the meantime, Aishia, Yue and Shea had been spending time outside the town training their gravity manipulation abilities.

Catherine: I see. Leaving already? Guess it'll get lonely here again. The town's been a lot livelier since you five returned.

Sora: Give me a break. I've had enough of peeping perverts, clothing store perverts, perverts begging Aishia, Yue and Shea to step on them, perverts stalking them and calling them 'onee-sama,' and idiots challenging me and Hajime to duels... This town's full of nothing but them. Seventy percent of the people I've met are perverts, and the other thirty are idiots... There's something seriously wrong with this place.

Sora complaints were more or less on the mark. Sona was one thing, but every time he'd gone to Crystabel's shop, he could feel a hungry gaze devouring him. There were also three factions in Brooke that were constantly feuding with each other. The first was the "I want to be stepped on by Yue-chan" faction, the second was the "I want to be Shea-chan's slave" faction, and the last was the "I want to become Aishia,-chan Onee-sama's apprentice" faction. Their names were rather self-explanatory, and the three factions were constantly competing for members.

Catherine: Now now, you can't deny things were interesting at least.

Sora: Interesting in a bad way, maybe.

Catherine: So, where are you headed next?

Sora: Fuhren.

They continued chatting idly while Catherine rifled through the requests, looking to see if any involved Fuhren. Fuhren was the independent merchant state Sora had read about when he'd first arrived. Sora's next destination was the Grand Gruen Volcano, which was located within the Gruen Desert. As the desert lay on the western edge of the continent, the trio had decided to make a quick stop in Fuhren, as it was on the way. Once they cleared the volcano, their next destination was the labyrinth located at the bottom of the sea, the Sunken Ruins of Melusine. Those were even further to the west, past the desert.