Chapter Thirty-Three

We were heading back home from a weekend away in the woods when a thunderstorm hit. Rain was pouring, lightning was flashing, thunder was roaring, but we didn't let that stop us, we were having the time of our lives, singing old songs, and laughing with the music. That is until a deer flashes in front of us, and mom turns the steering wheel with full force.

The only thing I could hear was the tires screeching and the rain crashing against the asphalt. What happened? Where am I? "Mommmm!" "Aubreyyy!" I tried to scream but nothing came out. Why am I wet? What happened? Water was everywhere, we were still in the car, so I started to kick the door open, I kicked and kicked something cracked but I didn't know what it was, I didn't care I needed to get out of here to do something I just don't remember what it was. The door opened and I started swimming up. I realized I was underwater, I was in a lake.

When I got to the surface, I saw mom panting, she had blood on her hairline, her beautiful dark hair, just like Aubreys. Where is Aubrey? I started to pant again, Why does my leg hurt? Her beautiful raven hair and her olive skin were tainted with dark crimson blood. I was looking for something?

Aubrey

Aubrey

Aubrey

I started panicking and after a few seconds, I started going back down. I saw her, she was still in her seat pulling at something. I swam to her and saw she was fighting off her seat belt and that's when it dawned on me, she was stuck. I went to her and tried to help her. A few seconds passed and her glassy sky-blue eyes just like mine started to plead at me. I know she wanted me to go up, I couldn't be without air for far more, but she had more time underneath water than I did so I couldn't leave her there. That's when I saw her body go limp, her eyes closed. The sky-blue eyes, the sky where I could be with her, the sky where there are a lot of beautiful bouncy white fluffy clouds. AUBREY AUBREY AUBREY.

After that everything went so fast, I managed to unbuckle her and swim up, a pain shot down my leg but I didn't care I needed to go up to do something. What was it that I needed to do? AUBREY AUBREY AUBREY. I gave her to someone I don't know who but I know that made a huge relief on my leg. Then everything started to spin, all I could see was blur, the noise of sirens blaring with the thunder in the background, the smell of the wet grass that's when I started to feel myself falling and someone started screaming my name crying. "Valentina!" they screamed through tears, and I wanted to tell them not to cry that everything would be ok, but they kept screaming, "Valentina! Valentina! Wake up! Open your eyes for me." they said, but the only thing I thought before I drifted off was don't worry I'll be playing in the sky with the clouds and Aubrey.

I jolted out of the couch and examined my surroundings, sweat covering my hairline. I noticed I was in my living room. What am I doing here? I scrambled a blanket off my body and looked around my eyes wide, my heart palpitating, screaming inside my chest and I realized. Aiden is fucking here. I look back to where my head was resting and see him looking at me confused and worried both laced in his eyes. This is great, just amazing.

"Are you ok?" he asks, as soon as he sees me looking at him. He moves his hand to touch my back but I stand up before he gets the chance.

"I'm fine," I say my tone low, when I walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"You clearly were not fine, you were gasping and saying someone's name," Aubrey, Aubrey Aubrey. I shake my head, trying to get rid of the thought. I knew I shouldn't have done this, I knew this and I still fell fucking asleep.

"Drop it Aiden," I say, slamming the fridge door closed, "I said I'm fine," and served myself the water. How stupid I was to think I could just do it one night, like I havent been trying for months.