Chapter 22

Exus

"Alpha, Anne is here concerning her transfer to Shadow Stone Pack. Should I let her in?" Jonah, my beta inquires as he stares at me, the caution very evident in his eyes. The look completely understandable.

The past few months to say I've been mad would be an understatement. I have completely destroyed my office too many times and all because I could not stop thinking of her. The woman who was supposed to be my world and I had let slip through my fingers. The woman I had broken almost beyond repair. I had hurt her so badly, my actions unredeemable.

My once lavender scented clean office now reeks of alcohol that I've consumed over the past months. There was no one to blame but myself. Everything that have occured in the past few months completely my fault.

I could not stand the sight of people, of my pack members especially mates. Mine was out there and I couldn't tell if she's okay or not, hurt or not. Was she even still alive? I quickly shut the thought out. She can't be dead. I would have felt the snap, the emptiness that comes with the death of ones mate. Nonetheless, I could feel the emptiness, and it felt she was barely there. Some days, I could feel her, other times I felt empty and the empty days were growing longer.

The sight of Jonah manages to create a burning fury at the pit of my stomach. I quickly drag the lower drawer of my office desk open and pull a bottle of whiskey. I pour a large amount of the content into my mouth, grimacing slightly at the burn as the liquid flows down my throat and I savor the feeling.

"Alpha?" Jonah's voice shatters the little blissful moment and I send him a harsh glare.

"Jonah, leave me alone." I state calmly. Too calmly. Jonah couldn't take the hint. I could feel the familiar sprouting of fur on my skin and I knew what would happen if he didn't leave.

"But, this is the fourth time this week she has come requesting a transfer. Her ma-"

Before he could react I was already up and grabbing him by his neck. His eyes widen when they meet mine that had already turned black. I press even harder on his throat, cutting off his breathing and he began to squirm trying to leave my grasp, which is futile.

"How many times am I supposed to tell you to get out!" I tighten my hold on his neck and I could see him struggling for air.

"I don't care what your demands are when I tell you to get out! You get the f- out of my office!" My voice echoes through the office.

His eyes begin to roll back and I let him go knowing he'd pass out soon.

"Now get out!"

"Ye..yes alpha." His voice almost completely gone as he rushes out of the office.

I flop down on my swivel chair, a sigh leaving my lips. I had done that to one of my pack member. I couldn't understand how things had completely gone wrong. Ever since she left, every little control I had disappeared. Yet, all of it was my fault.

I've always had anger issues but it was quite manageable back then, now I was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode any second now. The pack was noticing my slip ups, my anger and soon, the elders would and I would have to step down as alpha. I can't let that happen. She must come back, whatever it takes.

The door to my office slams open again and I was about to yell some even more colorful words to the intruder but they die in my throat when my eyes meets with my sister's as she walks in.

"Jeez this place smells worse each day." She comments pinching her nose, her face scrunching up in disgust.

"What did you do to your poor beta. He looked ready to pass out any second." She continues, her eyes running through the now dirty and disgusting office.