My Neighbor is an Artist

Ayanokoji PoV

" I guess this is the place." I looked up from my google maps on my phone and stared at the apartment complex before me.

My new home.

My name is Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. 20 years old and currently in my college years.

I'm currently majoring in finance. It seems easy to do, so why not, right?

The university I go to has dormitories. During my first year, I obviously opted to spend my time there.

But recently, I wanted to learn what it's like to live outside of campus. I never really had the chance to actually live and manage on my own.

I sought approval from my mother if I could rent an apartment that wasn't too far from the university and fortunately, she agreed on one condition.

" Condition?" I asked.

" Yes." She nodded.

" What is it?" I waited patiently for her answer.

" You need to find a girlfriend!"

I felt myself sighing at that memory..

A girlfriend? I wasn't particularly interested in the topic of romance before.

I don't even recall having a " crush" on anyone during kindergarten to high school.

I was too busy finding the balance between enjoying the present and securing my future.

Luckily, I managed to find it during my high school years. I have everything planned out and yet, I can still savor whatever youth I have left before I'm truly left on my own in the world of working adults.

Well, time to make my way to my room.

------------------------------------------

My  apartment was situated at the third floor. I took out my room key, which ess given to me by the landlord, and quickly unlocked the door.

I stepped inside and looked around the dull room. It lacked design ( which was expected), it had one bed , a mini kitchen, one bathroom, and a very cheap tv.

" Hm....the dorm rooms were more well-kept.....but this is fine." I muttered and placed my bags on the ground before closing the door.

I sat on the couch and breathed in this scent of freedom.

I suddenly received a call from my phone.

I quickly answered.

" Hello, is this Ayanokoji Kiyotaka-kun?" A polite voice said.

" Yes. I am Ayanokoji." I confirmed.

" Ah, great! Well, I'm happy to inform you that your application as a barista for Pallet Cafe has been accepted! Your shift will begin this Friday!" He said.

" I see, thank you very much." I replied. A small sense of relief washing over me.

I talked with the person on the other end for more details to know about the position before finally ending the call.