Goldenberyl ( 4 )

It was currently 9:30 pm.

Ruby snored quietly as she slept on the couch, completely tired from today's stressful event. Well, it tired all three of them out due to how little time they had to convince the manager not to leak career-ending information. But it was all worth it.

Aqua sighs as he places a blanket over Ruby's figure, as gently as possible so as not to wake her up. The action almost reminded him of the past, from when he was still a doctor tending towards a certain patient. Someone he made a promise with. Someone...he couldn't keep that promise with.

His lips close to a thin line, he always hid it in the back of his head. Deaths happen all around and people may think doctors would get used to it in time, but that's not the complete truth. Yes, they're forced to get used to it, but it doesn't make it any less hurt when it happens.

" Sarina..." He whispered to himself, a name he could never forget.

Ruby stirs awake, her eyes slowly fluttering open.

" Huh? Did you...say something?" She said in a sleepy tone as she got up with the blanket sliding down her body.

" Hm? No, it's nothing." Aqua quickly said. " If you're going to sleep, then you should move to your bed." Was all he had to say before turning around and facing the TV.

" Okay..." She slowly nods her head and gets off the couch, heading towards the bedroom.

But she stopped by the doorway, turning her head to Aqua one last time, thinking to herself...

Sarina..... that was my name in my previous life. Could it be...?

Memories flash through her head about a doctor who always tended to her side. But she brushes those off immediately. There was no way he was him. It was just a coincidence, she thinks. She thought she should head to bed before she starts thinking of weird stuff again, after all, lack of sleep can mess with the head. With that, she left the room without another thought.

Leaving Aqua and...

" Kiyotaka? Don't plan to sleep anytime soon?" Aqua called out to the person sitting next to him.

" Not really. For some reason, I don't feel tired. Maybe it was from today." Kiyotaka answered.

" Well, I can understand that. I guess the adrenaline has yet to settle down despite it having already happened hours ago." Aquamarine said.

" Mhm." Kiyotaka hummed in response.

The two of them scrolled through each channel, trying to find anything worthwhile to watch in order to pass the time. Eventually, after hundreds of searching, they decided to settle on an animal channel where it showcased various habitats of nature's predators. 

" Actually, I'm glad you didn't head to bed yet..." Aqua spoke, " I have something I want to talk to you about."