Kiyo no Basuke

Kiyotaka PoV

What is teamwork?

It is the concept of a group of people working together to succeed at a certain goal or objective. And it's not required for the same group of people to achieve the same task at the same time, rather, the work is divided among them and thus, it forms individual tasks for all of them. These individual tasks, once accomplished, will be a step further to achieving the bigger goal they all share.

Team sports can showcase this type of concept in a much simpler and entertaining manner compared to big companies and industries. In fact, most people, whether they're into sports or not, have already shared the opinion about team sports being the most simplest and honest display of the concept of teamwork.

And what team sports usually dominates this concept? 

It is Basketball. 

Although Football is arguably even more popular than basketball, then perhaps my opinion of basketball being the dominating team sport is simply based around personal bias.

That's because I, myself, am a player in that sport. I've put effort in that sport. And when one puts effort in a sport, is it not natural for one to think that THAT particular sport is the best sport amongst all?

Anyways,

I've seen everything there is to see in that sport.....everything .......except true teamwork.

Hey, you there, the one reading this oneshot monologue right now. You must be wondering about why I, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, ponders about true teamwork, right?

To answer your question: It is simply because deep down in every player, the soul yearns for personal glory.

Tell me, for those who've competed in sports competitions or any type of competition in general. Do you feel happy when the judges announce that EVERYONE is a winner? Despite the fact that you might've been better than all of them?

You've most likely heard of such a phrase back in your younger days when you didn't really take the sport seriously.....or maybe you did.....but you didn't understand the true weight of failure and victory.