How to Smile

A random Yuki and Kiyo oneshot-

~~~~~~

" How did you do that?"

" Huh? What do you mean?"

" Smiling."

" I smiled?"

" Yes, you did. Just now."

In all my time spent here. I've never seen this look on a student's face. But I knew what it is. It was, without a doubt, one of the many expressions one could make to express a form of happiness. The girl before me responded to my wonder, and began becoming confused herself as to how and why she made that expression.

" I...don't know."

" It's peculiar. What're you so happy about?"

I was curious, I really was. It's an oddity here in this place for a student to show that expression. There was nothing to smile about. And there was nobody to smile for. So why did she do it? She may be confused about it herself; but there's always an answer to an equation, and this is no different. 

" I...It's nothing..."

She smiled again, but this time, a shade of red was spread across her face. 

~~~~~~

" You've been smiling a lot more these days."

" Haha, you noticed?"

" How couldn't I?"

It wasn't only me who was suprised about this development. There were plenty of students around who noticed it and wondered about the same thing; why is this girl smiling? What for? How? So many question but all she gives them are vague answers. Does smiling involve a certain type of pleasure I've yet to understand that could warrant such secrecy?

" Teach me."

She looked to me with a suprised expression. I couldn't blame her. Even I was suprised by my sudden urge to learn this...superfluous action, when there was plenty more important things to take note of to ensure my survival here. But I wanted to learn, even if it was going to be useless. As someone who's never learned the basic emotions such as joy, sorrow, anger, envy-- I wanted to discover the point of such emotions now. I've discarded the idea, but maybe there are benefits to it that can only be understood through experience.

" Teach you?"

" I want to learn it as well."