Promise to be there ( From Him to Her )

" Kiyotaka..... can't we stay like this...just a while longer?" Kei says to me, in melancholy, as she traces my bare chest with her fingers.

" I don't....I don't want you to go..." She snuggled closer for warmth, as much as she could. As much as our bodies could allow.

I place my hand atop her hand which was tracing my chest.

" I know." Was all I could say.

" I was looking forward to spending an entire lifetime with you after high school." She says.

" I know."

" I love you..."

" I know..."

" Do you love me too?"

" More than you know."

" Would you have considered spending a lifetime with me too?"

" I wouldn't have it with any other person, Kei."

A small smile appeared upon her face, the same smile that forever warms my heart. The person that fills it has always been her, never someone else. Her long blonde hair, untied and free, I used my other hand to gently comb through her soft strands-- I could never get enough of that feeling.

" I'll miss you..." Her eyes turn somber once more. It didn't suit her at all. 

" You shouldn't..." I whispered, leaning my lips to her forehead and placing a gentle kiss on it. 

" I'm sorry, Kei..."

" For what?"

" For everything. For all the work I've put you through, the pain I've put you through-- and for falling in love with me."

"..."