Secretary Ayanokouji ( Part 4 )

Tachibana PoV

What is with this strange atmosphere....

I thought as I glanced towards Manabi-san and Kiyotaka-kun who were seated opposite of each other at the sofa. They were reading separate sheets of documents but something felt off...

Like there's some sort of tension....

" Ayanokoji-kun," Manabi-san called.

Kiyotaka-kun's  gaze immediately went towards Manabi-san.

" Hm?" He hummed in question.

" Would you like some tea?" Manabi-san asked.

" I don't particularly mind...." Kiyotaka-kun's attention went back to his papers.

" Very well," Manabi-san placed her papers neatly on the table and stood up from her seat.

She turns to me with a small smile.
" What about you, Tachibana?"

" Y-Yes?" I stuttered out in suprise. Wait my answer sounded like a question! 

" Would you like some tea as well?" Manabi-san patiently repeated. Her polite and mature tone of voice forever unchanging.

" Yes." I nodded shyly.

Manabi-san nodded and left towards the kitchenette.

--------------------------------------

" Here you go." Manabi-san handed me my cup of tea.

" Thank you!" I said and carefully held the cup.

She nodded and went towards Kiyotaka-kun. Their eyes met and for some reason......it looked like they were locked in each other's gaze?

I sipped my tea quietly and carefully observed this strange interaction.

" Here you go..." Manabi-san said and was about to place his cup of tea on the table.

" Thanks." But Kiyotaka-kun moved his hands towards the cup which was still held by Manabi-san.

" No problem-" But then Manabi-san paused. I wondered why she paused until my eyes landed on their hands.

I choked on my drink upon seeing Kiyotaka-kun's hand Manabi's.

There it is again...

Another event where they stare into each other's eyes in a vibe I'm afraid to misunderstand. I noticed Kiyotaka-kun's hand itching a bit more to envelop Manabi-san's hand, I held my breath wondering if he was really going to perform a PDA right here in the student council room with me as witness!

" Ah, sorry." Manabi-san retracts her hand all of a sudden, she smiles a bit. Why'd you pull away?!

I thought Kiyotaka-kun would show a suprised look from Manabi-san's sudden pullback, but he didn't seem fazed at all before sipping tea from the cup.