Chapter 7: Fragments

Yamada sat watching tv. He didn't speak much since he told me he was tired. This is bad. If he doesn't have his memory of the accident then how can he manage the company, and our love life?

I went over to sit next to him. "Seiji. I am your fiancé." I said hoping it would trigger his memory a bit.

"You are a guy. Don't think I would like men." He laughs.

I was happy he laughed so freely, but his words stabbed me. "Ah well it is what it is Seiji. We were lovers. Please try to remember."

"Really?" His eyes lit up. "I have such weird taste then."

Shouta plops out from my kitchen, and hands us all a cup of tea. He sits down with us. "Seiji I am your sibling. Remember god damn it!" Shouta was more frustrated, and impatient than I was.

Yamada looks at Shouta annoyingly. "Shut up." He mutters. "I am glad I don't remember your whiny ass."

"Yamada! Don't say that! It isn't like you." I grabbed his arm, and he jerks away.

"Quit telling me how I should act like." He frowns.

"You need to remember things soon." Shouta said, and rolled his eyes.

"I will." He grumbles.

The evening approached, and Yamada offered to sleep on the couch. I understood why he wouldn't want to sleep by my side. He feels like an outsider now so I don't complain.

I went downstairs to look at him. He was already fast asleep. I went to tuck him in further since I saw the blanket was sliding off of him.

He opens his eyes, and I quickly backed away. "Sorry. Just thought you were cold." I looked away nervously.

"It's okay. Thanks that's kind of you." He chuckles.

Even if Yamada is a bit nicer, I can't help, but miss his usual self. I let out a small smile, and went back upstairs.

"Hey." I felt a tug on my sleeve. I looked at Yamada.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I will remember you." He smiles.

"Good." I patted his head, and I almost wanted to cry. Not sure why.

"You are so gentle." He says faintly.

"I suppose. Goodnight." I went back to my room feeling confused. I needed to help him get his memories back or things will go bad.

The next morning I went to make him some coffee. I wasn't sure how he made his, but I took a hunch. I placed the mug in front of him, and he thanks me with a smile.

His hair was messy, but I found it appealing. He didn't look so uptight like normally. His eyes were brighter, and his lids weren't half closed like always. He looks happier, but I wasn't.

"What are we doing today Kyou?" He smiles at me.

"Well...." I knew he couldn't go back to work. I didn't know any activities or events that can trigger his memory. The only thing I can do is hope he remembers on his own.

"Kyou?" He looks at me.

"S-sorry. I think there is a fair happening downtown if you want to attend it." I smiled.

"Sure. Sounds fun." He nods.

"Good. Let's get ready." I lead him upstairs to his closet.

He gets dressed in the bathroom, and I got ready in the bedroom. This was going to be our first official date with his sudden memory loss. It felt empty, and pointless, but maybe I will grow to get used to it.