Chapter 15: Boy

Chapter 15: Boy

"Sumi?" She looked the same. Except her hair was wavy, and longer. She had on heavy makeup, and she smelled like citrus.

"Kyou. You haven't changed at all." She blushes. "I've been looking all over for you. You changed schools, addresses, phone numbers, everything."

"Well yeah. I can't keep the same shit after so many years."

"Can I treat you to a drink?" She smiles.

"No thank you." I could remember that image of her kissing that man. I still couldn't forgive her. She cheated for so many months, and I was oblivious to it.

"Please Kyou. I want to say sorry."

"I already accepted your apology so no need. It is in the past, and honestly I don't care about it anymore." I looked away.

"I want to tell you that I haven't forgotten you. I made a mistake, and I'm so sorry. I still am very much in love with you."

"Cut the bullshit. It has been so many years. You could of reached out sooner."

"How can I when you changed all your contact information?!" She cries.

"I don't want anything to do with you." I walked away, but she hugs me from behind. I couldn't push her off. I never could, and still couldn't.

"Kyou please hear me out. I'm so sorry. That guy was my tutor, and I just felt like you didn't see appeal in me. He did, and it just happened. I was foolish. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." I felt her warmth on my back, and I remembered all the old emotions rushing back.

"Sumi I can't be with you. I'm currently dating someone else." I peeled her arms off of me, and she sighs.

"Who is she? Did you guys have sex?"

"I've had sex multiple times already. Is that all you think about?" I got angry.

"I wanted so badly to do it with you." She moves towards me, and touches my crotch. "Come on." She whispers.

"No." I lightly pushed her off. "I am not about that. It would be wrong to have sex with you when my heart is with someone else." I didn't want to cheat anymore. I knew it didn't matter, but it felt wrong.

"Fine." She looks down, and walks off. What was that about? She was unpredictable. I hope I never see her again.

I rolled my eyes, and walked back to my car, and suddenly a little boy bumps into me. "Ow!" He screams.

"I'm sorry!" I heard myself apologizing even though he bumped into me.

"Come here Masa!" Shouta runs after the boy.

"I thought you were going to Yamada?" I looked at him.

He looks uneasy. "I am, but I have to babysit this kid." He says quietly while the kid rubs his own head.

"Who is he?" I wondered.

"My little brother." He whispers.

"You can speak louder." I laughed.

"No just no-"

"Mommy when can we buy ice cream?!" The boy tugs on Shouta's pants, and Shouta's face drained of color.

I was too shocked to say anything.

"Kyou look, the boy thinks I'm his mother. He's sick." He whispers.

"Oh? Then who is the mother?" I looked down at the boy, and he looks really similar to the Yamada family.

"My mom, and dad is the parents. I just look like my mom a lot." He looks away, keeping his voice low. Now that I took a good look, Shouta did resemble his mother from the last time I've seen them.