Chapter 18: Fun

Chapter 18: Fun

"Shoot it! You can do it!" Megumi cheers me on.

I positioned my bow, and arrow at the target, and shot. Bull's eye!

"Wow you are so cool Kyou!" She blushes.

I chuckled. "I'm not great. I just practiced a lot with darts." I pointed to the panda plush, and handed it to Megumi. She smiles, and hugs my arm.

"Thank you Kyou. I am having so much fun today!"

"I'm glad you are." I chuckled, and tugged her to a nearby whack-a-mole machine. "Bet I can do better." I poked her arm.

"I am the queen!" She takes the hammer, and inserts a coin into the machine. The little animals started popping out at random speeds. She whacks all of them. I was shocked.

"Wow..." I laughed. "I honestly fail at this game. I panicked when more than two is out."

"It's okay. You are just a loser." She sticks her tongue out.

"No I'm a winner!" I messed up her hair, and she giggles.

I drove her home that evening. We stayed at the amusement park way longer than I had expected. I drove her up to the door, and walked her up to the porch. "Today was fun." I smiled. "I haven't had that much fun in ages!"

"Me too. I'm always so busy with work, and taking care of kids in the neighborhood. It was nice to head out like a normal young adult." She chuckles.

"Well I hope to do this again sometime. Goodnight." I took a step back.

"Kyou ah um..." She looks shy, and goes to kiss me on the cheek. "I don't want to interfere with that man you are with. I know you guys broke up, but it feels wrong of me to jump in. I don't want to take advantage of the moment. I want you to really figure out what you want. If you want to be friends or more then I will be understanding. Right now I think it is too soon to make rash choices. See you." She smiles, and closes the door.

Megumi...if only you knew how your beautiful words make me fall in love with you. If only.

I drove back home, and saw Junko sitting at the porch. I walked on over. "Yo." I said causally.

"Yo?" He laughs. "I wanted to ask you when you will move in since I still got your shit in the attic."

"Have you taken care of my precious house?" I laughed.

"Well we will be room mates soon so it will be our house. I just wanted to give you some rice cakes. I made some today."

"Since when did you make food?"

"Since I was bored." He hands me the bag. "I lied. I bought them haha! I know you have been stress, and I thought this might cheer you up."

"Thanks man!" I was starting to be in a good mood. Everything seems so smooth lately.

"Welcome. See you at work." He pats my back, and left. I smiled looking down at the bag.

I went inside, and started to undress into my house clothes. Being in jeans all day made my crotch uncomfortable since I tend to wear tight jeans.

I looked at my watch, and saw it was 9:00. I haven't seen Yamada since Monday, the day he went to the hospital. Now it is Thursday. I felt bad that I'd completely forgotten him. I have been focusing on date ideas for Megumi, and. I.

I strolled over to the stairs, and made my way upstairs. Boxes lined up the walls since I was planning to move out. When I had told Yamada about my move, he didn't respond. I expected that.