Chapter 8: White

Chapter 8: White

We spent our days blissfully in the warm spring weather. Yamada would smile a lot, but I saw it....the pain in his eyes.

"Kyou can you help me out with this?" Yamada was trying to reach a statue at the very top shelf of the living room bookshelf. His bookcases would be pretty tall.

I went over to grab the miniature temple statue with ease since I was a bit taller. "Here you go."

"Thank you." His face gets pink, and he starts wiping it clean.

We were doing spring cleaning. He could of easily called in a maid, but he said it was a good way to recovery his memory. If he looked upon old items, it might trigger something. Secretly, I didn't want him to remember, but it would be selfish of me to keep him like this.

"Kyou, want some Korean BBQ tonight?" Yamada asked as he went to place the statue on a lower shelf.

"Sure." I smiled. I wasn't a big fan of Korean cuisine, but anything he makes tasted like heaven.

Yamada takes out a cook book, and opens it to read the contents. His face was super close, and I pulled it away. "Seiji, that is too close. Do you need reading glasses?"

"I think so. It's a bit blurry." He rubs his eyes.

Yamada was like this before his accident. I guess it was best to take him to the eye doctor.

"Let's go to the eye doctor today. Is that okay?"

"Of course." He smiles, and looks away.

I grabbed his chin, and turned him to face me. That pain in his eyes. Why? Why is it there? "What is wrong?" I finally asked.

"I...I will miss you." His eyes started getting glittery with tears.

"No why?!" I wiped away the tears before they fell.

"When I remember again. I will miss you."

I wanted to kiss, and hug him, but it would be dumb to get attached right now. Maybe he won't even get his memory back. Would that be good? No...we need him to operate the company. "Don't say that." I muttered.

"You're right. We should go to the doctors now." He goes to grab the keys on the wall hook.

"Right." I take the keys from him, and we went out to the car.

The sun was bothersome during the drive. It kept shining in my eyes. Even with sunglasses, it was a pain in the ass. Yamada just kept his eyes closed the whole car ride.

I lead him into the eye doctor. "Yamada I'm going to go buy a snack. I'm starving. Once you are out text me so I can drop by."

"Okay." He says, and walks into the eye clinic.

I strolled around the area. The eye doctor was close to a shopping center so that itself was a lifesaver. I spotted a cafe. I guess buying a small pastry will hold me through my hunger. I waked on inside.

"Kyou?" Someone taps me, and I turned around.

"Megumi! Hi!" My eyes lit up. She was wearing a simple blue dress with a sun hat on.

"Hey Kyou! Nice bumping into you. I'm here with my girl friends for some girl time." She giggles.

I scratched the back of my head. "I'm here because I had to drop a friend off at the eye doctors." There I go lying again. I can't say my boyfriend or fiancé.

"Aw sounds so boring. I would ask you to hang out, but I don't think I can today."

"No it is okay. I need to be back soon."