7 | Mask

Victoria Tomlinson

The first thing I saw when I walked into Niall's party was Louis snorting a line of coke.

It really didn't surprise me to see at all.

What surprised me was that beside him, h is bodyguard Liam was also snorting a line of coke.

Everything was dark and intense, his massive penthouse that looked so tidy and out together during the day was a mess. It was on the top floor of his bustling so overlooked the entire city and it's nightlife. There were people everywhere, making out against the wall, practically fucking on the couches. There were only dark purple and red lights flashing through each room to give it some light, but for the most part it was really dark. The music playing through the speakers was loud enough that I could feel the vibrations through the walls and the floor, it felt like everything was shaking.

Nialls parties were always the best, he went all out even though he had them almost once every week, I could never ever get bored of them, there was always something happening that we would talk and laugh about for the next week.

The air was warm and humid, and filled with a million different types of smoke, cigarettes, vapes of every flavour and weed. I could see the smoke through the air with the flashing lights. I wasn't planning on smoking anything tonight, but I was probably going to end up getting high just from the amount of second-hand drugs I was breathing in.

I held Hazel's hand as we walked inside. We tended to stick together at Nialls parties just because there were always so many people there, most of whom we didn't know, so we stayed safe together. It did piss me off that we had to be wary about everything even when we were supposed to be having fun at parties because of the disgusting breed of humans known as frat boys.

The energy throughout every room of his mansion was infectious. There were red cups in everyone's hands, or just a bottle, and then more red cups and empty cans all over the rich flooring.

Hazel and I stayed attached at the hips when we went through to the kitchen, knowing that Niall would be there, making every type of drink in the world. The lights and music were just the same in the kitchen. People sat on the counters, making out like there was no tomorrows and I was pretty sure there was two people actually just having sex on the kitchen counter. Beside them, there were the usual lines of coke, crushed powders and rolled up bills.

"What happens at Niall's stays at Niall's!" I heard the Irish accent shout over the music.

I was way to sober.

"Niall!" Hazel dropped my hand and ran over to Niall after spotting him in the crowd of people in the kitchen.

Niall was leaning against the counter just beside the oven, the oven that was on which I found slightly concerning. Hazel squealed in excitement as if she hadn't seen Niall earlier today and pulled him into a hug, squeezing tightly.

Niall hugged her back and they swayed side to side. I could tell Niall was already plastered because he was stumbling about, completely unable to stand as he just leaned all of his weight on Hazel.

I was quick to put myself a drink of something, I didn't look what, and down it in one go. I had to be drunk to be around Niall when he was wasted.

He opened his eyes and looked up at me while he was still hugging Hazel, "Look who showed up,"

"Why is the oven on?" Was the first thing I asked him.

Hazel pulled away from him and jumped up to sit on the counter just next to him. She grabbed the bottle of vodka that was already opened and sitting next to her on the marble countertop and took a swig from it, her face hardly changed despite the burn of the alcohol.