75 | Dove

(2/2 of the double update)

Did you get enough love, my little dove
Why do you cry?

Victoria Tomlinson

Harry let out a small breath, almost like a whine, a cry when he looked down at himself, his body and the seeping red blood that was spreading across the white material of his shirt.

"What? Harry? No." I said firmly. He did not just tell me to go. Why would I leave? We could both leave and get out of here, and then it would all be fine. I wouldn't leave. I wouldn't leave him. When his eyes met mine, I knew exactly what he was going to say. That tearful shimmer washed over those pretty green eyes of his, pretty green eyes that had a red glint from how bloodshot they had suddenly become. He shook his head softly, about to speak but I cut him off. "No, don't you dare."

In a complete loss of strength, Harry's legs seemed to lose the ability to hold up his weight, Harry fell down. He tried to catch himself with his hands but only ended up on his side. "Fuck—"

In an effort to move or just try and provide himself with any sort of comfort, Harry managed to move and sit with his back against the wall, it held him up. I collapsed down to my knees beside him. I didn't know what to do, how to make it stop. There was so much blood to the point his entire shirt was now damp and red, it was like it was never going to end.

"Zayn!" I didn't realise I was sobbing until I choked after screaming for help.

Harry tipped his head back against the wall and closed his eyes, taking in a shaking breath.

"Harry, no." I said, trying to use my arms to pick him up. As soon as I'd touched him an excruciating pain shot through my hands up to my elbows. He just had to get up, he had to stand up and we could go and it would all be fine. "Don't do that." I didn't know if it was a beg or a demand, either way I was crying. "Get up. C'mon."

"Vi—" he stammered, his eyes were still closed until he tilted his head to the side so that he could open his eyes and look at me. His bloodied hand reached up to cup my cheek, "You need to go."

I shook my head, sitting down on my knees beside him. I was covered in his blood, on my face, it was smeared across the floor where I was kneeling. "I'm not going anywhere."

I just had to put pressure on it. I had to stop the bleeding and he would be fine, that was what I was always taught. Just put pressure on it and everything would be okay until help came for him. Help would come. He was going to be fine.

But I couldn't.

When I went to reach for him, to place my hands on his wounds and apply pressure, I saw the mess left behind on my own hands. I could barely move my arms from the throbbing pain, they were still shaking, trembling in agony. I couldn't apply pressure on the wound. I couldn't. He needed me to and I couldn't help him.

"Go." he whined, his breathing was slowly becoming more laboured like it was an effort to just keep going. Slowly, I could see his face becoming paler, sweat was building at his hairline. His eyes remained on mine, and a tear ran down his face and dripped off his chin, "Please, go."

"No, no, no." I was shaking my head, his palm was still on my cheek. I didn't want him to ever let go of me. "I'm not going anywhere until you get up and come with me."

Another choked sob escaped me when I could see it in his mouth, his now pale lips were slowly becoming stained with the dark red liquid that was already covering us both. His lips looked dry, like he was suddenly completely dehydrated. I noticed how he was shaking like he was freezing cold but sweating at the same time. A small trickle of blood fell from the side of his lips and ran down his cheek.