9 | Secrets

Victoria Tomlinson

The events that led up to where I was now were things I desperately wanted to get rid of.

I wished I had just walked home like usual and passed out in my bed, and then pretended like everything was fine in the morning when I went downstairs for breakfast.

That's how it always was.

But no, tonight Z had to find me, take me the complete opposite direction, a place I had never seen or been to before. A place where I felt anything but safe, when I thought those guys that were in the alleyway, my whole body would shiver in a disgusted feeling.

After enjoying himself while terrifying me against the wall in the alleyway, Z had grabbed my wrist and yanked me inside a bar. It was closed since it was just after five in the morning, but he had a key and got us inside. I didn't know why or how and I gave up on asking him questions.

He sat me down on one of the stools at the bar and glared at me, "Do not fucking move from this seat,"

I had a glass of water that he poured me to try and sober me up a bit before he could take me home. I was tired and just wanted to go to bed, so I sipped on the water through a straw and sat up on the stool where he'd put me.

"Where are you going?" I asked him, sipping on the ice cold water through a metal straw.

"Does it matter?" He responded, sounding almost agitated about something, "I said don't fucking move, so don't fucking move and drink that water. Got it?"

I only took a deep breath, trying hard not to make a comment for the purpose of pissing him off, I couldn't be bothered with his assholey attitude anymore. So I just nodded my head, "I won't go anywhere,"

"Good." he breathed, looking like he didn't expect me to actually listen to what he had said, "I'll be ten minutes max, okay?"

I nodded again, "Fine, okay. I won't move."

"And if anyone comes in, don't speak to them, only tell them you're here with Z, just — just don't do anything. Sit and wait for me." he said to me like he was giving orders to a dog.

But I still couldn't be bothered to try and disagree with him or say something to piss him off, "I'll be here, waiting  and drinking water, just like you said."

He flicked his eyes between mine for a second like he was trying to figure out whether or not I was being serious or not. After a second, he seemed satisfied by the way I was going along with what he told me to do. "Good... good girl."

I shifted a bit in the seat and broke eye contact with him, taking another long sip of the glass of water on the bar in front of me. My arms wrapped around myself, it was freezing outside and I was only wearing a small dress. I wished I had worn something warmer when leaving Nialls but I expected to be home and cosy in bed by now.

"Here." Z huffed like he was pissed at me for doing nothing.

I looked back up at him to see he was taking off his black blazer.

"No, I'm fine. It's fine." I shook my head, he was already pissed at me and this seemed to be pissing him off even more.

"Take it. I wasn't asking," He handed me his blazer, just leaving him in a black shirt and black trousers. I hated the way I had to try hard to stop myself from looking him up and down. He was a dick but was hot and it pissed me off. A hot dick as Hazel had put it. Z shoved it in my hand, "I don't want to hear you complaining about how fucking cold it is, take it."

I took it because I wasn't going to argue with him, I was freezing and I could already feel it was warm from his body heat. "Thank you."

It smelled like him, it was a nice smell but it wasn't one I enjoyed because it only reminded me of how mean he kept being to me for no reason.