43 | Rain

Victoria Tomlinson.

A pounding headache. A horrible cold sweat overtaking my entire body. Flashing lights that seemed to be inside my head, and blaring music that was so loud I could feel it shaking my body, was what I could recognise.

I was confused, everything in my mind was scrambled. I had absolutely no idea where I was or how I got here.

I didn't open my eyes, my head hurt so bad that I didn't want to open them because I knew whatever the flashing light was, was only going to make the pounding headache worse. I could hear voices, muffled but coming from all around me. It sounded like there were hundreds of people around me, but I couldn't make out a single word that anybody was saying.

After taking in a long deep breath, I forced myself to open my eyes. I squinted them at first but didn't rub my eyes. There were flashing lights of alternating colours, strobe lights and LED's, and the first thing I could focus on was a coffee table completely covered in glasses, bottles and spilt drinks.

"Look who's awake." I heard a deep voice, a pair of lips brushing against my ear.

I said nothing, tried to figure out what was going on. I was so confused. I was still at Nialls? Was I asleep? I didn't remember falling asleep. I didn't even remember the last place I was. The entire night up until now was a complete blur.

I rolled over so I was laying on my back instead of my side.

My stomach tensed so hard it caused me to wince when I realised my head was on Zayn's lap, and he was looking down at me with drunken eyes and a half lazy smile.

"Mornin'," he grinned, I could hear how drunk he was in the slur of just that one word. "How are you feeling?"

I ran my thumbs beneath my eyes to wipe off any makeup I had smudged in my sleep. "What?"

"You fell asleep." he told me, still with a drunken grin on his face.

"When?" I asked him, trying to piece together any of what had happened in the last however many hours.

He shrugged, placing an already lit cigarette between his lips. "Only like an hour ago."

"Oh."

"Never seen someone fall asleep midway through eating a chicken nugget." He teased with a half smirk, exhaling the smoke out of the side of his mouth so it didn't blow down and hit my face.

I felt my cheeks flush red at the thought of falling asleep, midway through eating a chicken nugget. No matter how hard I thought back, I had absolutely no recollection of any of that happening.

My eyes closed and I let out a sigh of frustration. Regretting every decision I had unknowingly made leading up to this moment in time.

"I'm kidding." I heard him laugh. I opened my eyes to see him above me, his eyelids were heavy, "But you did fall asleep in the kitchen, after the nuggets."

"Oh." I sighed again, trying to put anything together. I didn't remember having chicken nuggets, I hardly remembered any of the night at all.

I was still laying on him and I was very aware of the fact I was still laying on him. But if I had fallen asleep eating the kitchen after eating the chicken nuggets, then did he lay me like this? Was I just asleep on the couch and had leaned down onto his lap. I couldn't see him wanting to lay me like this, I didn't see a reason for him to do it either. Why hadn't he moved me?

"How are you feeling?" he asked me, reaching to toy with a strand of my hair. He was so drunk, and looked so entertained by it.

"Confused." Was my honest answer. I remembered nothing of the past few hours, it concerned me, but I knew I had to have been safe, nothing bad could have happened. I'd most likely embarrassed myself a few times.