15 | Candy

Victoria Tomlinson

"You've got the knife?" Z asked me, glancing at me from where he was sitting.

I sat in the passenger's seat and nodded, lifting the hem of my dress up an inch or so to show him the knife strapped to my thigh that I had actually managed to put on myself, "Yes. I've got it."

He was driving me to Hazels, which I was extremely grateful for because it meant I didn't need to walk or get an uber. Our deal was that he would drop me off and pick me up, because I had told my dad Hazel was having a classy dinner, and had invited me and Z could come too, to keep me safe and do his bodyguard things. Z would leave after dropping me off, and wouldn't say a word to my dad, unless he wanted me to say anything about what I saw about him killing that man in the basement of the bar the other week.

I had on a nice dress, black with long sleeves and it ended just a few inches above my knee. It was tight, figure hugging and I thought I looked nice in it. My hair was tied back in a matching black Dior ribbon, which was actually just the handle of the shopping bag I had from there, but it made a cute hair tie. I didn't have heavy makeup on, just some eyeliner and mascara.

I was really excited for tonight, I had Hazel's gift in a little bag all wrapped up, and I knew she was going to love it.

Z was in his suit as always. Black, black and more black. I was beginning to think he was allergic to colour, I never saw him wear anything other than black, or one the one occasion I saw him wear a white shirt.

He did look good, I'd give him that. It was a shame he had to be such an asshole because if he was nice enough then I would ask if he wanted to stay at Hazels. But I knew he would hate it there, and I would hate it if he stayed there because he'd just babysit me the whole time.

Niall and Harry were already there, and it wouldn't surprise me if I saw Louis there, he had disappeared out of the house an hour or so before Z came to pick me up. He would go to any party, whether he knew the person or not. He knew Hazel but I wouldn't say they were friends, he'd probably just show up for a good time.

"Don't do anything fucking stupid, Victoria," Z spoke again with a deep tone of severity in his voice.

I adjusted the bracelets on my wrist and furrowed my eyebrows, "Like what?"

"Don't get killed." he stated like it should have been obvious.

I looked up at him and squinted my eyes sarcastically, dropping my hands to rest on my lap, still mindlessly fiddling with the jewellery I had on, "Wasn't really on the itinerary."

He had to trust me to stay safe tonight, he was supposed to be looking after me and anything that happened to me would immediately be his fault. It wasn't an exaggeration that if I got hurt, my dad would have Z killed.

"When I picked you up drunk last time, you were reckless and stupid." he reminded me of when he randomly showed up at Nialls and took me to that bar. He looked away from the window in front of him to meet my eyes for a second, "And I really don't feel like explaining to your father that you got murdered by someone at a party when I was supposed to be with you."

"You're so dramatic," I huffed and leaned back in the leather seats, "I'm not going to get murdered,"

"I'm only saying," he seemed to almost get defensive about it.

"I've been to a hundred of her parties," I reminded him, a hundred parties which I had never needed a bodyguard for. Although I still got treated like the baby of the family, I'm very much an adult and can take care of myself. "I'm safe, I know how to look after myself, I'm not stupid,"