46 | Trust

Victoria Tomlinson

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead!"

I was woken to the happy booming voice and the sound of a door swinging wide open.

Not even a second later, with no warning and no chance to properly open my eyes or even realise I was conscious, there was a body that was thrown on top of mine, the weight of them crushed me and knocked the air right out of me. In shock my eyes snapped open, to see that Harry had decided to throw himself right on top of me like I was a pile of pillows as a means to wake me up.

"God. Harry." I groaned, shoving him so that he rolled off from on top of me.

He lay beside me, propping his elbow up and rested his cheek on his hand. He had a giant smile plastered across his face. "C'mon Miss Tomlinson."

Still groggy, I was half asleep despite my heart racing in my chest from how abruptly I had been woken up. I rolled over onto my stomach, burying my face into the pillow. "We're here?"

"Landing in like ten minutes." he murmured, an overly cheery expression on his face when I glanced at him.

I gave him a flat look. "So I could have slept another ten minutes?"

"No, because you, young lady, have some getting pretty to do." He sat up suddenly, making me flinch from his sudden movements. I was still too sleepy to keep up with how fast he was moving. He reached down, grabbed both of my hands and yanked me to stand up on my feet, again, I moved so fast I stumbled forward and crashed into him.

"Jesus, Harry." I closed my eyes and let my forehead fall to his shoulder in exhaustion. "What are you talking about?"

He placed both of his hands on my shoulders and pulled himself back from me so he could look me up and down, and roam his gaze across my face, I could see the judgement in his expression.

"You look like you've had the life beaten out of you." he said flatly, but then smiled, scratching his knuckles through my hair. "Hairs a fucking mess. How much do you twist and turn in your sleep?"

I shrugged, pulling back from him so I could make my way towards the bathroom so I could make myself look presentable.

"Nice shirt."

I froze. Felt my stomach tighten.

Oh.

He knew. He had to know. The tone of his voice, teasing, like he was hinting that he knew exactly why my hair was a mess and I was wearing this shirt. Maybe we hadn't been quiet, a thought which made me cringe hard, or maybe Zayn had said something. He wouldn't. Maybe Harry was just putting two and two together. It seemed very obvious.

"Harry." I said his name, in a warning tone. I still hadn't moved from where I was frozen in place.

"I said nothing." he teased, I could hear the grin. He approached me from beside and handed me a stack of folded clothes. "Wear this."

I gave him a glare but took the clothes, all black clothes. The clothes were placed on the bed beside me, and Harry turned his back without me asking. He was sometimes in the room when I got changed, and as teasing as he could be, always respected that privacy and I never felt nervous.

"Harry, I'm serious." I told him, trying to figure out if he was joking or if he was being serious.

I got changed out of Zayn's shirt and tossed it onto the bed, and dressed into a black slip dress, a short dress that landed just below my ass. The dress was paired with black lace tights, and I was probably going to wear my black heeled boots to tie the outfit together when I got off the plane.