27 | Weapon

Victoria Tomlinson

"It's smaller than I thought it would be." Zayn commented, looking around, almost a little bit disgusted

"It's cosy." I shrugged, trying to think of something about this place that was okay.

He looked down at me standing beside him, a blank expression on his face. "It's disgusting."

I shook my head, stepping past him to go inside. "It's not that bad."

We arrived at the safe house apartment after grabbing lunch. After another hour or so, we were where we needed to be. It was a small apartment, close enough to the beach that I could see the water in the distance. I originally thought we would just be staying on one of my dad's properties, not no. It was a tiny little apparent that seemed to be pretty isolated from any towns or places with lots of people.

Truly, it wasn't that bad. When we'd first opened the door, which had been fitted with thumbprints and a keypad to get in, it was smaller than expected, but was nothing to complain about. It was simple. The entrance led to a living room with a kitchen area in the far corner. It seems to be fitted with all the necessary items anybody would need to have in a kitchen. There was a couch in the living room area and a coffee table with a vase of fake flowers, across from a TV on the wall. Besides that, it was empty. No decorations or anything on the wall just a small empty apartment for us to stay in for the time being.

"It's disgusting that I'm going to have to stay in a tiny little apartment with you for god knows how long." Zayn huffed, tossing a few bags onto the floor beside him before he slammed the door closed, and locked it.

"You're a cunt." I glared at him, wandering further into the apartment. He was dramatic, it really wasn't that bad at all. It was smaller than his apartment, but not small enough that it was going to be torture. It was a fine size for two people to stay in temporarily. "I don't particularly want to be here with you either, but I'm not gonna be a little bitch and complain about it."

"Did you just call me a cunt and a little bitch?" Zayn's brown arched.

"Yeah." I breathed, turning around to face him. I almost had to take a few steps back when he was suddenly right in front of me, so close our chests almost touched. I never realised he was following that close behind me. I tipped my head back to look up at him, "What are you going to do about it?"

His head suddenly dipped down so close to mine that our noses brushed, and his hair brushed against my forehead.

Suddenly my throat went dry.

"You fucking test me more and more every day, Victoria." He muttered, locking his eyes with mine. "Drives me up the fucking wall."

I smiled softly and pulled away from him, "It's a pleasure."

Standing back up, Zayn pulled away too and I felt like I could breathe again. It was hard to remember what oxygen was when his face was that close to mine.

"Go unpack some shit." He said, putting one of his bags up on the small kitchen island. He reached inside the bag and took out stacks upon stacks of papers and files that looked like hell to even begin reading through. He set them out into piles before saying with a huff, "M'gonna set up the cameras."

I went back over to the door to grab a few bags of my things, clothes and other random things I thought I would need to take with me to the bedroom that had to be down the hall beside the door. I didn't touch any of Zayn's bags, or bag. He only brought one with him that I guessed was full of plain black clothes because that was all he seemed to wear. I also wouldn't want to unpack any of his things for him.