49 | Show

Victoria Tomlinson

It's been a week since the job.

A week of being in Italy.

A week of waiting for the repercussions of Zayn killing all of those men.

So far it had been quiet, almost too quiet. My friends went out practically every night and got drunk, then spent the days hungover and asleep, and Zayn and I spent the days in the house. I felt like I was back at home, not being able to go anywhere or do anything.

I didn't see Zayn much despite us both being in the house together, I stayed in my room most of the time, or slumped on the couch in the living room binge watching movies. Zayn was always somewhere else, like he was avoiding me. I knew he wasn't, and he was just bust doing work, but I didn't see anyone or speak to anyone all day, I began to lose my mind.

Zayn wasn't even being nice about it. We were arguing practically every day because I would ask to at least go for a walk, and he would just dismiss me completely. Eventually he got annoyed by me asking and just started ignoring me.

How he had been so cosy and sweet to me when we were on the yacht the other day and was now being a dick just pissed me off. I hated how quickly his personality could flip if he didn't get what he wanted.

I'd been out on the balcony all day today, just laying in the sun and attempting to get a tan, but I was sure I had probably just cooked myself alive and was going to be bright red tomorrow. It was the closest I could get to being outside and in the city. Except since it was a private estate, my only view was the garden and the trees surrounding. Just in my bikini with my book in one hand and a mimosa in the other, I wasn't having the worst day of my life, but I did feel like I was missing out on the fun I usually had when I was here.

"Victoria." A voice came from behind me, giving me such a heart attack that I nearly fell off the sun bed.

"Jesus fuck!" I turned around, clutching my hand to my chest to feel my rushing heart, "Hazel. You scared the shit out of me."

"Just wanted to get your heart racing." she grinned, leaning against the side of the doorframe, her hands crossed over her chest. "Nice ass."

"Thanks." I grinned, dipping my eyes down once to her chest. "Nice hickeys."

Her cheeks were dark pink within a second. "Suck a dick."

Clearly they were from Niall, or I would have heard in detail about her hook-up with some Italian man. It was cute that they were hooking up, or whatever they were doing since last time I brought it up she was adamant they hadn't slept together. But then again she wasn't doing much to hide it, since she was in a bikini with the hickeys on full show.

I smiled and shook my head at her, and then pointed at the handle of the door she was standing beside. "Can you hand me that shirt?"

It was one of Zayn's button up shirts but I had been wearing it after he left it in my room. It was a quick coverup for when I was walking about the house with my bikini on. Hazel grabbed it and tossed it over to me, it landed in a pile on my lap. I was quick to slip my arms through the holes and keep my back covered from the sun. I left it unbuttoned.

"Care to join me in the sun?" I asked her, there were another few sun beds out here, but I had been alone so far today. "I'm bored. And I haven't seen you."

"I've been hungover or drunk for the past six days." she squinted her eyes from the sun, bringing up her hand to rub her forehead, "I'm sorry."

I shrugged I didn't mind it too much even though I was slightly jealous that they were going out all the time. "You're having a good time, nothing to apologise for,"