70 | Sealed

Victoria Tomlinson

We spent five days with Harry in his motel.

Zayn wasn't close to being recovered, he still struggled to do most things. I had to help him get out of bed if he needed to get up, I basically had to dress him each day because he struggled to bend down with the wound on his stomach, he also couldn't stretch his arms above his head, so stayed without a shirt.

Except today, he was back in some black trousers and a black shirt that I had only done the bottom two buttons of. He had been exhausted from the blood loss and the terrible job of trying to stitch up the wound, the antibiotics Harry had gotten from him, Zayn had more or less slept most of the day and all through the night. He needed it, I knew he needed the rest because in the few hours I got to see him each day when he was awake, he seemed like he was about to fall right back asleep.

I knew he was fine. He was okay and he was going to recover eventually, although I had no idea how long that was going to take. That didn't stop the voices in my head and the persistent thoughts telling me that one of the days he just wasn't going to wake up, that one time I would wake up beside him and he wasn't going to be breathing, he would succumb to his injuries.

I didn't really do much besides watching him sleep. I watched him rest and be at peace like he deserved so much. I was scared to touch him, like he was made of some fragile glass. I didn't want to do anything to accidentally hurt him or make him worse. When on the bed beside him I kept my distance, despite the fact that every time he woke up, he would reach for me and pull me in close to him, refusing to go back to sleep until he was holding me, But I knew I could end up rolling over, moving in some sort of way that I could touch his stomach or injure him further.

My mind wouldn't stop replaying the vision over and over again, the sight of him on the ground, bleeding out from the wound on his stomach. I could still feel the blood drying on my skin and on my face while I tried hard to apply pressure to his wound in the back of the car. I could still feel the genuine terror coursing through my veins when I thought I was going to watch him die right in front of me.

"Vi. You okay?" It was the sound of Harry's voice that snapped me out of my thoughts, I hadn't been paying attention to anything. It was like the world was moving around me but I was completely frozen with no thoughts, no words, nothing. "You look totally spaced out."

I was in the back of a car, Zayn was beside me, his head on my shoulder, and he was completely sound asleep. We had been in the car for some time, anywhere between half an hour and a few hours, I wasn't entirely sure. My father had finally seemed to realise I had been gone for almost a week and had sent Zayn a message, not asking where we were or if everything was okay, only that he needed to see me about something important so I had to be returned home. Harry was driving us back since Zayn wasn't fit to drive and I had no idea how.

I wasn't really sure how this was going to go when I got home. I was going to have to tell my dad about Louis, as much as I felt like out of the two of them, I was always going to take Louis's side. Even though he had tried to kill me multiple times, I felt like I was still ratting him out, something we didn't even do as kids. But this was one of those things I couldn't keep to myself.

The information that Zayn had told me about how Midas' daughter had been killed was pushed to the back of my mind and was going to remain there until I figured out all the other shit that was going on in my life first. Louis had tried to kill me, I wanted to know what the fuck happened, I needed to tell my dad, I needed Zayn to recover from his injured and then I would think about him killing that seemingly innocent girl.

"M'fine." I mumbled quietly, my fingers had been consistently running through Zayn's hair as he slept against me. "Just tired, stressed."

"I know." He glanced at me through the mirror. "I know. I can't even imagine." A few seconds of silence passed. "No matter what happens Vi, I'll always be here for you, whatever you need. And so will Zayn. He's going to be okay and he's always going to be there to keep you safe."