18 | White

Victoria Tomlinson

I couldn't even process what was going on.

Zayn's body was on top of mine, our chest together so I was trapped completely beneath him, there was no room for me to move at all. His elbows were on either side of me, and his head dipped down, to my shoulder, hiding me completely beneath him. His body was shielding mine completely.

My ears were ringing, and my eyes squeezed closed from the impact of being thrown to the ground so suddenly. It was dizzying, so dizzying that I took a few seconds to even register the sound of gunfire. People were screaming, glasses were shattering, and a round of bullets was being fired into the room.

"Victoria." Zayn's voice was like an echo inside my head, "Are you hurt?"

I couldn't answer, I didn't know what was going on at all. My heart was hammering at a hundred miles an hour in my chest and my head was spinning. I hardly even heard his question. Nothing felt real for a few moments.

Until I opened my eyes and saw Zayn above me, his eyes were the first thing I noticed, bright amber but full of a mix of rage and worry. It was then I spotted it, the blood on his cheek, sprayed up the side of his face. He was talking, saying something to me but I couldn't hear him at all. His lips were moving but all I could hear was the ringing in my ears.

Still using his body to hide mine, he grabbed me, and he pulled me towards him, crawling under the table so we were underneath it. The scene going on was hidden completely by the white tablecloth. The white table cloth that was suddenly becoming stained with red splatters of blood.

Zayn's chest was against my back, his body pressed up against mine tightly. I had my knees to my chest, hugging my arms around myself. His chin was on my shoulder and his arms were completely around me too, holding me tight against him.

I still hadn't exactly processed what just happened, it was like my mind switched off as soon as Zayn threw himself at me. I felt like I was in some sort of a trance, I couldn't hear my own thoughts, I felt like I couldn't move, and all I could hear was the ringing. Ringing and gunshots.

A sudden thought struck me.

"Lou." I screamed, trying to yank myself away from Zayn so I could go and check on my brother. It was becoming more real, there was someone with a gun, open firing across the room aimlessly. He could be hurt. "Louis,"

Immediately Zayn's hand cupped my face so I would stop screaming. He held me tighter, not giving me any hope of escaping his arms to go and check on Louis.

All I could hear now was bullets, people running, shouting and screaming for their lives. There were at least a hundred people in this room all trying to get out of the one doorway as fast as they could. It was complete chaos.

"I need you to shut the fuck up." Zayn muttered in my ear, still with his hand clamped over my mouth.

I didn't even realise I was crying until he spoke, but there were tears running down my cheeks, slipping onto his hand that covered my face. I was shaking my head, still trying to escape from him. I had to check on Louis, he had to be okay. He could be hurt, and I had to find him and help him.

"Victoria," he spoke deeply into my ear, he sounded way too fucking calm for this situation, "I need you to stay calm,"

My head just kept shaking, maybe in denial that all of this was happening. Part of me still felt like I was making this up, this wasn't really happening. The other part of me knew it was real, people were dying all around me and I just had to go and find Louis so we could get out of here.

"If I let go, you have to stay here, and stay quiet." Zayn's lips brushed against the shell of my ear when he spoke, trying to keep quiet as we hid underneath the table, the tablecloth became redder as each second passed.