68 | Identity

Just a reminder that this book is a work of fiction.

The story and the characters are completely separate from the real people besides borrowing their names and faces. Please keep any negative comments regarding the real people or arguments out of the comments x

***

Victoria Tomlinson

"Victoria."

There was an uncomfortable ringing in my ears, I could feel it vibrating in my head like there was someone on the inside of my head, knocking on my skull. My head was pounding, there was an ache travelling down the back of my neck, through my shoulders and down my spine. Every part of me felt stiff, my muscles ached, I didn't feel like I could move.

I tried to take in a breath, but my lungs felt constricted. There was an uneasy feeling in my stomach, a burning nausea in the back of my throat, I felt like I needed to throw up. My brain couldn't piece together anything, I couldn't place where I was. It felt like I had such a deep sleep, one of those sleeps where you wake up and have no idea what happened or where you are. But I didn't feel well rested at all, everything hurt.

"Victoria... Open your eyes."

I tried. I tried to open my eyes but they seemed sewn shut by my own tiredness. I didn't want to open them. Everything hurt so badly. Even just fluttering my eyelids caused a sharp sting to travel through my eyes and into the back of my head.

I really felt like I was going to throw up.

"Victoria."

It was loud. A loud voice that bounced off four walls that seemed to be closing in on me.

My eyes opened.

The chill in the air sent a shiver down my spine, my heart rate suddenly quickened. There was a darkness surrounding me that seemed to swallow every hint of light, besides the light coming from a small swinging lamp in the middle of the ceiling that struggled to light up the room.

The room was silent, everything in the room was still. A forgotten looking room, damp, with the silence being interrupted by the occasional echoing drip of water. The air was thick with an unsettling mustiness, I could taste and feel the stale fear that clung to the room.

I looked around the room, trying to force my eyes to adjust to everything surrounding me. I was trying to figure out where I was and how I got here. What day was it? I didn't even remember waking up this morning, or anything that led me up to this moment in time.

That was until my eyes zeroed in on the figure in front of me, that everything came back to me.

Waking up with Zayn, being told Louis was missing, Zayn's apartment being broken into. Harry. Harry and that mark on his head that had me questioning everything that had happened over the past few months. The guys breaking into the apartment, Zayn getting hurt.

"Louis?" I murmured, my voice was weaker than I thought. The sound of my own voice was hurting my head, even breathing felt too loud. "What's going on?"

I took in a long, deep breath. There was this constant pain all throughout my body. I still couldn't register anything, I had no idea where I was and no way of finding out. It was a small room, concrete walls, floor and the roof with the pathetic lamp. There was nothing besides that, nothing to give me any sort of indication where we were. Has Louis been here since yesterday?

We were both on chairs, facing each other. He was a few feet away from me. I darted my eyes across him, more alert of his situation. He had been here longer than me. I needed to know he was okay, or as okay as he could be in this situation. I didn't want him to be hurt. His feet were taped to the chair, his hands bound behind his back by what I could only assume was also duct tape. And he was hurt, covered in a few bruises, his face looked beaten with one of his eyes swollen and some cuts and scrapes over his skin.