32 | Hunger

Victoria Tomlinson

Stumbling, trying to run, Zayn dragged me out of the bar by my wrist, trying to get away from the guy he had just smashed a glass on.

I was laughing, I didn't know why. I couldn't run at all, I was so drunk, and I didn't even know when it had all hit me. I was sure I didn't drink that much. But as we ran, or he dragged me, my feet scuffed and I stumbled, hardly able to put one foot in front of the other.

I'd hardly realised he stopped walking until I crashed right into his back, almost knocking him over too. His arm was slumped over my shoulder before I could notice, and he leaned his weight on me as I did the same.

We were both fucked, so drunk and I didn't even remember it happening. I didn't remember having so many drinks, but I felt on top of the word. I was so giggly and happy for a reason I didn't know. I was dizzy and could hardly walk, but he seemed just about the same.

I was sure we were walking in the general direction of our hotel room, I hoped we were. But everything did look the same here, I didn't know what our room number was and to be honest I had way too much adrenaline and energy to go to bed right now, I felt like I could run a marathon and still wouldn't be tired.

"Zayn," I hummed, resting my head on his shoulder as we walked to keep myself steady. His arm was over my shoulders, holding me close to him.

"Hmm?" He hummed lazily, stumbling us both in a sort of forward direction.

My eyes fluttered closed, and I tipped my head back, resting it on his bicep since his arm was around the back of my neck. My head was spinning, and everything felt euphoric. I hadn't felt this good in a long time. Walking was fun, running sounded fun too.

"I'm hungry," I told him, I leaned more of my weight on him.

His arm tightened around my neck, and he chuckled lowly before letting out his slightly slurred reply, "I'm hungry too."

I just sighed, suddenly feeling like I hadn't eaten in days. Maybe I hadn't, I wasn't too sure. My life had been pretty fucked up the past couple of days. Had I eaten? It didn't matter. I wanted food immediately or I felt like I was about to starve to death.

We just kept walking, maybe we had no destination in mind. I didn't care where we went as long as there was food there. Zayn seemed to know where he was going, he was leading us somewhere. He seemed the slightest bit more stable than I did.

He stopped walking suddenly, and he let go of my neck, turning to face me. His face looked so soft but so fuzzy. I liked his beard, I wanted to touch it, it looked like it would feel nice. And his lips. They felt nice, I knew that for sure. I really liked his lips and the way they felt, especially when his head was between my legs.

I watched his lips, they moved. Did he say something?

My eyebrows furrowed and I looked into his eyes again after getting a little bit distracted by his mouth, "Huh?"

"I said," he held onto the tops of my arms to keep me upright, "what would you like to eat?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't care as long as it was food.

"Pizza?" He suggested.

Immediately I was nodding my head vehemently, pizza sounded exactly like what I wanted right now. I felt like I could eat six giant pizzas right now. "Yes. I want that,"

"M'kay," he hummed, still holding onto one of my arms as he let go with his other hand so that he could reach into his back pocket and take out his phone.

His eyes were squinted like the light from his phone was too bright for him to look at. He was doing something, tapping the screen but it was too blurry and hazy for me to see. He was taking his time like it was super complicated to do. He tapped the screen, reminding me a bit of an old lady trying to figure out how to work a phone.