25 | Safety

(2/2 of the double update!!)

Victoria Tomlinson

It was a painful fifteen minute drive between the gym and my dad's office.

A completely silent drive and Zayn had chain smoked the entire way there, he had about four cigarettes in that amount of time. So now the car smelled like shit.

His fingers kept flexing on the wheel, and at every red light his leg would bounce continuously like he was nervous about something.

I had no idea what my dad would want to talk to me about. The annoying voice in the back of my head was telling me that Zayn had told him about what happened at his apartment, and I was currently being taken to be brutally murdered in his office. My body would be buried somewhere hidden or discarded, thrown into the ocean with rocks on my ankles. Something like that.

Hopefully, that wasn't what was happening.

But it was always a possibility.

The car parked at the entrance to the building, alongside all the other cars for security.

"Are you in a bad mood because of me?" Zayn glanced at me once the car was stopped.

I didn't look back at him, my eyes just fixed in the view out of the front window of the car. A view of the building of my dad's office and the flowers in the bushes that sat under each window.

I shrugged, "I'm fine."

"Yeah cause that's believable." He breathed, shuffling his body around so he was facing me more and his body was angled towards mine. "I'm fine definitely means you're not fine."

"I'm just wonderful. Is it not obvious?" I tilted my head to the side and looked at him, smiling with as much sarcasm as I possibly could so it would be extremely obvious that I was not fine, and that he was a stupid fucking asshole. I wondered if he would catch on to that part.

"Victoria." He said lowly, "What's wrong?"

He really was completely clueless.

"Why do you care?" Was my response instead of giving him the honest answer.

"Really, I don't care. I just get annoyed looking at your miserable face," was his blunt response. I just sighed and faced the front window again. "I'm paid to care about you. So tell me what's wrong."

"Oh I'm completely fine. Amazing even." I said with just as much sarcasm as I said before. I didn't look at him when I kept speaking, only because making any sort of eye contact with him made me nervous. "Besides the fact that you kissed me, and fucking fingered me on your kitchen counter and then the next day told me you were going to use that as some sort of weapon against me, something to hold over my head so you can always get your own way." I looked at him, glaring at his blank expression. "Do you have any idea how shitty that makes me feel? How used I fell? How much of a fucking disgusting thing that is to do?"

He didn't say anything back to me. He had a n angry look on his face. Maybe that was just his resting face because he always seemed to look like that. He sharp and clenched, eyebrows furrowed and a dark glare in his eyes.

"So forgive me for being upset over that." I huffed and reached for the handle of the car door to get out. As soon as I touched it, the door was locked again by Zayn. I shot him a glare.

"I wouldn't actually use it against you Victoria. I said that because I was fucking pissed off at you." He muttered quietly, staring into my eyes with his dark ones. The bright amber seemed to darken every time he was angry with me.