67 | Alarm

Victoria Tomlinson

I had this strange feeling of being completely content when I woke up. It wasn't a feeling I was typically used to, being happy and at peace when I woke up, only when I woke up beside Zayn, and for some reason, I felt it so much more today than I usually did.

I would never be able to express to him how much that had meant to me last night. He had gone so out of his way to bake those cupcakes, set up the blanket in that spot, the drinks, the snacks. It was the last thing in the world I expected to be woken up to last night. I wasn't used to letting myself believe he actually cared.

Zayn was practically on top of me. We both fell asleep so fast after getting into bed last night, but we had both woken up in the middle of the night. He was in my room, my bed, and his face was nuzzled into my shoulder, both his arm and his leg slumped over my body. Against my body he felt warm like sun. My arms were locked around his chest, resting on his back. I was sure I'd never held him as we slept, and it had quickly become my favourite thing in the world. A picture-perfect moment, I didn't know how I got so lucky.

His face nuzzled into my neck when he began to wake and drew in a deep breath before peppering a few tired kisses to my neck. I smiled and felt my heart flutter in my chest, and then only held my arms tighten around him.

"Mornin'" his morning voice was low and raspy in my ear.

"Morning, sunshine." I smiled, resting my cheek on the top of his head. The nickname I once called him as a joke because the only words I could use to describe him was grumpy., But now, I really meant it, he was a light in my life, like the sun. "Thank you for last night."

I felt his lips curl up into a smile against the side of my neck, he kissed me a few more times. "Of course."

His tongue grazed my skin when he kissed me, his lips gentle but purposeful, from the smile on his face I could tell he was trying to leave a mark behind on my shoulder, somewhere I could cover it instead of it being on my neck, somewhere for only me to see. I took my hand from his back and threaded my fingers through his hair, just holding his head. I loved how soft his hair was.

"Mmmh," I hummed, smiling at the feeling of his lips. "You're in a good mood this morning."

"Why wouldn't I be?" he mumbled between soft kisses on my skin. "M'with you."

I only felt the urge to be closer to him and tightened my arms around him as much as possible. I just wanted him close. I always wanted him close. He was the only person in the world that made me feel this way. I was always so safe, physically, and mentally, and I was sure I had never felt mentally safe with someone before.

"You're always so warm in the morning." he rested his cheek on my chest, slipping his hand beneath my shirt, drawing his hand across my stomach. "How do you smell so good?"

I only smiled and tilted my head down to kiss his forehead. I felt his cheeks spread into a grin when I did, and he tilted his head to the side to kiss my shoulder, and then trailed a path back up to my neck, my jaw and eventually my lips.

We kissed again, our mouths moved at the same pace, gentle but with purpose. I was smiling, I couldn't stop smiling. Zayn shuffled, hovering over me so that he could snake himself between my legs, but in the way he slid his palms up my sides, and then back down to hook my thighs around his hips, somehow it didn't feel sexual, it just felt meaningful.

"M'fucking addicted." he hummed, taking my bottom lip between his teeth.

I took in a deep breath, just letting myself enjoy the feeling as he kissed my lips, and every point on my body that he could, leaving hickeys across my chest for only me to see. I shifted, feeling myself become restless, the way his body felt pressed between my legs and my lower stomach was doing something to me. "Zayn,"