Chapter 2: Misfortunate Events

May had gotten home with food in her hands ready for her and Peter to eat. She had called Peter earlier to let him know so she suspects that Peter is already home, waiting for her.

"Peter?" She calls out.

She waits for a moment but no response comes.

"Peter?" She repeats herself, putting the food down on the dinner table. She looks around the apartment to not see him so she walks up to his door.

Knock.

Knock.

"Peter can I come in? Foods here" May lets him know but she ends up getting no response. Without a moment longer, she opens up his unlocked door to see the pile of his clothes he wore today at school on the floor, his backpack on his bed opened, the window opened with the curtains flapping and his light still off.

She quickly goes over to the window to peer outside but doesn't see her nephew swinging happily on his way home.

This worries her the most.

He would've let her know if he was going to be late unless something had happened while he was out. What if he got hurt? What if he's bleeding out somewhere in an alley or a rooftop? She has to find her nephew.

She quickly grabs her phone out of her pocket and clicks on his contact, calling him. She lets the phone ring as the suspense rises within her. She's waiting for Peter to pick up the phone and to apologize for being late and that he's on his way home but instead, it goes right to voicemail.

She calls him again but gets the same answer.

So she calls him again.

And again.

And again.

Until she had enough.

Once the ringing has stopped and the voicemail pops up, she decides to leave a voicemail.

"Peter where are you? Are you alright? You better not be dodging my calls. I picked up some Chinese food for us to eat. Where are you right now and why aren't you home yet? If you don't call back, I'm calling your friends and then Tony" May threatens but the worry of her voice makes it not seem so much of a threat. "I larb you, you better be playing it safe and on your way home right now."

And with that, she ends the voicemail. She lets out a sigh and rubs her forehead, hoping her nephew is alright. She makes herself comfy, or somewhat comfy, and sits on his bed to await his arrival.

That is until five minutes had passed.

And then ten minutes.

And still no call.

No message.

No nothing.

Not knowing what else to do, she calls Ned first and he picks up right away.

"Ned, is Peter with you?" She asks right away.

"No, why?" He wonders.

"Peter said he'd be home and I even called him to tell him I was on the way with food but he's still not here. I called him a bunch of times and left a voicemail. He hasn't responded, do you know if he's with Mj?" May explains.

"I don't know but most likely" Ned shrugs through the phone.

"Ok I'll call her then. Thank you Ned" May thanks him.

"Keep me updated please" Ned replies with worry for his friend. It isn't like Peter to not answer her calls and not even text back.

"Will do" May assures before hanging up and calling Mj.