Chapter 22: Christmas Eve

Peter is putting his final touches on his gift for Tony.

He's surprised Tony didn't go through his folders but glad he didn't or else he would've found what is meant to be a present for him.

He lets out a big yawn as he checks the time.

3:01AM.

He can barely ever get any sleep and tonight proves it. He went to bed at 10:49 only to wake up at 1:15 in the morning. It's fine anyways because he needed to do the last finishing touches. He accepted the fact that his nightmares will keep him up until they start to calm down like every other nightmare he's had in the past.

"You should be heading back to bed mini boss. You need to sleep" Friday cuts through his thoughts.

"I will, once I'm done. Do you think Tony will like it? What if he doesn't want him? What am I saying? He should want him. You said he misses him but I can't-" Peter starts to doubt himself.

"He'll love it Peter. He tried to find him again but accepted he was gone. He'll be happy to know you had found him again and helped fix him up" Friday assures.

"That means a lot, thanks Fri" Peter thanks.

"You're welcome but I do suggest when you are finished to head back to bed. It'll be an eventful day" Friday suggests.

"Will do" Peter nods in agreement.

He looks back at his hologram screen to his computer.

He checks over his work for what seems like a million times but he finally lets it process.

...

10%

...

12%

This will be a lot longer than what Peter expected. He looks down at Tony's phone that he stole to see that it's still charging which is good cause this process would kill his battery and end up failing.

15%

"Ughhh I'm already bored. Is there a way to speed the process up?" Peter wonders.

"No but you could fall asleep and I can wake you when it's finished?" Friday suggests.

"Do you promise?" Peter questions as he eyes the screen.

18%

"I do not break my promises unless necessary but in this case I won't or else the surprise would be ruined" Fri bargains.

"Fine...night Fri" Peter says right before he lets his head fall into his hands on the table and drift off into sleep.

                     <><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Peter wakes up with a start.

"I didn't mean to startle you mini boss but the process is almost complete" Friday apologizes.

Peter wipes the blurriness away from his eyes as they readjust.

97%

"Thanks for waking me up Fri and it's ok. God, I can't believe it's almost done! What time is it?" Peter smiles wide.

"It is 4:57 in the morning. The process took longer than expected. People will start entering the kitchen soon" Friday claims.

"Course the morning people have been summoned" Peter chuckles.

98%

"Don't tell them I'm up and don't let them come into the lab if they try. Just say it's locked down for Tony's sake" Peter tells her.