Chapter 30: Our Mystery Friend

"I suggest you skip today" Karen suggests on the chilly Monday air. It's already January 9th so really, it's been around two months since he and his friends had gotten back.

Peter has been up since two in the morning and definitely couldn't go back to sleep after the nightmare he had. He put on his suit and swung through the city instead. Now he's sneaking back into his apartment to throw some clothes over his suit and eat Mays awful (sorry May) breakfast. He shoves his mask in his backpack and exits his room.

"Good you're up! Just in time" May smiles, putting a plate on the counter with burnt toast.

"Thanks May" Peter thanks.

"You seem tired. How much sleep did you get last night?" May wonders, smile dropping.

"I'm fine May, seriously. I got enough sleep" Peter lies.

"Maybe you should skip" May suggests.

"You sound like Karen" Peter mumbles. "No, I can't do that. Today is all of ours first day back to gym. Plus, I'm Neds partner."

"Fine, but if you wanna come home just tell the school to call me or Tony if I don't answer" May declares.

"Will do May" Peter exclaims.

            <><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!" Ned screams behind Abe, Mj, Flash, Cindy, Sally and Charles with Betty laughing besides him. The five teens jump and screams in fright besides Mj who is looking at Ned with a bored expression.

"You guys suck" Cindy states.

"You guys were spying on us. How did you not know we were gonna do this?" Betty chuckles.

"Peter went in the store after you. We stayed behind to not get caught" Flash explains.

"Where is Peter by the way?" Mj wonders.

"Shouldn't you know where your own boyfriend is?" Abe jokes.

"I haven't seen him but he could always be late. The bell didn't even ring yet for first period" Sally points out.

            <><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Peter spots Ned and Betty sneaking up behind everyone on AcaDec so he quickly turns the other way. He doesn't need to panic now.

Until he was pulled into an empty classroom and thrown to the ground.

He looks up to see Chris. He's surprised Leo and Todd aren't with him cause goons are suppose to follow their leader everywhere.

"I heard people talking about you being Tony Starks son. Is that true?!" Chris asks, sending a kick to Peters stomach.

"What? No! It's not true! I'm not his son! He doesn't even have a son! Are you crazy?!" Peter denies.

"Oh so you first lie to everyone about your so called internship and now you are lying to everyone that you're his fricken son?! How do people even like a filthy liar like you?!" Chris punches Peter right in the eye.

Peter quickly scrambles back up. He usually stays on the ground but he can't deal with this today. He can't because in his nightmare Tony died because of him. All because of Becks illusions putting those images in his head.

Peter pushes Chris away with not too much strength and runs out of the class with Chris yelling at him to get back and before he knew it, Chris was running after him.